drum machine for mac
Moderator: Aesthetics
- isawdrones
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
- Location: Brooklyn NY
drum machine for mac
Does anyone know a good application for creating beats on a mac?

- IanRedpoint
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1414
- Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
- Location: London, England
- isawdrones
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
- Location: Brooklyn NY
Re: drum machine for mac
Hey all. I didn't want to make a new threat for this, but i've been looking around for something similar on windows 7. Anyone know anything simple (and maybe free?) where you can load your own samples into a drum machine?
Re: drum machine for mac
This one has windows binaries: http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/21
Throw away your smartphone.
- mono/chrome
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:29 pm
- Location: Countryside/City
- Contact:
Re: drum machine for mac
This will do. http://www.vintagesynth.com/casio/rz1.php
Everything you can imagine is real.
-
drillkicker
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 879
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:58 pm
Re: drum machine for mac
I second Hydrogen.
Re: drum machine for mac
drillkicker wrote:Max/MSP is the answer to everything.
PureData will do just fine, thank you.
But that's pretty much making your own drum machine.
Throw away your smartphone.
- Alien Sugar
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:59 pm
Re: drum machine for mac
All you need is a $100 version of Steinberg Cubase Elements 8 Fl Studio Producer Edition for $199.
Personally i use cubase essential 6, fl studio producer and native instruments komplete. and since 10 years ago (which is when i bought the software) i want to sit down and make a song a day or a melody a day i never have the problem of doing it with conviction.
Now, what i have may not be a producers dream, but i cannot find a limit as to what i want to hear and i still at the same time, listen to alot of others music.
You say you have a MAC!!! Wow, i have a laptop pc, anyway, Save for what i'm telling you to buy and learn the ins and outs. The music is the real satisfaction you seek. Trust me, when you hear a song that you're most happy with it and you have something to fill the void of not being able to find something someone else isn't producing and you hear that you made it. BAM. You'll want to create more for yourself. And if there's a My Music folder on that mac. You'll be filling it up with your own stuff more than anyone else.
Personally i use cubase essential 6, fl studio producer and native instruments komplete. and since 10 years ago (which is when i bought the software) i want to sit down and make a song a day or a melody a day i never have the problem of doing it with conviction.
Now, what i have may not be a producers dream, but i cannot find a limit as to what i want to hear and i still at the same time, listen to alot of others music.
You say you have a MAC!!! Wow, i have a laptop pc, anyway, Save for what i'm telling you to buy and learn the ins and outs. The music is the real satisfaction you seek. Trust me, when you hear a song that you're most happy with it and you have something to fill the void of not being able to find something someone else isn't producing and you hear that you made it. BAM. You'll want to create more for yourself. And if there's a My Music folder on that mac. You'll be filling it up with your own stuff more than anyone else.
Re: drum machine for mac
I'm installing hydrogen again now, I remember trying it out and for some reason couldn't figure out how to load my own samples. Do you know if that's possible? I'll poke around.
Max/MSP looks super useful actually. Something I did on Reason with my old laptop was load in samples from old mellotrons and rhodes and whatnot. Just stuff I would never have the money to grab otherwise. I always wondered if there was a program built specifically for constructing your own midi/sample set-ups. NEAAAAAt. thanks for all the responses, guys!
Max/MSP looks super useful actually. Something I did on Reason with my old laptop was load in samples from old mellotrons and rhodes and whatnot. Just stuff I would never have the money to grab otherwise. I always wondered if there was a program built specifically for constructing your own midi/sample set-ups. NEAAAAAt. thanks for all the responses, guys!
Re: drum machine for mac
I think I'm not to something with the "load layer" part of the instruments, but this seems really complicated for such a simple action
- Alien Sugar
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:59 pm
Re: drum machine for mac
Perch wrote:I think I'm not to something
What does that mean? You think you're not to something?
To something. Who to something's? I'm gonna to something to death. Because if i TO Death, there won't be anything to greet me when i die. And if death, is to'ed there will be nothing waiting for me so bring me so more life.
Landr.com masters 2 tracks a month in 192kbps mp3 files for soundcloud. Clease don't ?TO? that.
-
drillkicker
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 879
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:58 pm
Re: drum machine for mac
Cupz wrote:drillkicker wrote:Max/MSP is the answer to everything.
But that's pretty much making your own drum machine.
And there's no other like it !
Re: drum machine for mac
Alien Sugar wrote:Perch wrote:I think I'm not to something
What does that mean? You think you're not to something?
To something. Who to something's? I'm gonna to something to death. Because if i TO Death, there won't be anything to greet me when i die. And if death, is to'ed there will be nothing waiting for me so bring me so more life.
<a class="vglnk" href="http://Landr.com" rel="nofollow"><span>Landr</span><span>.</span><span>com</span></a> masters 2 tracks a month in 192kbps mp3 files for soundcloud. Clease don't ?TO? that.
sorry, apparently couldn't type that day.. I meant "on to something"
Re: drum machine for mac
Perch wrote:I think I'm not to something with the "load layer" part of the instruments, but this seems really complicated for such a simple action
Its not that complicated, is it? I must say "load layer" isn't an apt name, but it is a teriffic program nonetheless.
Throw away your smartphone.
- re-phaelam-ed
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:58 am
- Location: Canadian trapped in USA
Re: drum machine for mac
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eov9iFyEGc0[/media]

