https://soundcloud.com/sticky-fingered- ... pliance-01
I would quite like feedback on how to improve the sound. I like the song, of course, and it's fine if you do not. If you can spot mistakes in EQ or levels or things I should be aware of, I'd properly appreciate some input. Thanks you sexy bastards.
here, have this, you talented bunch of freaks
Moderator: Aesthetics
Re: here, have this, you talented bunch of freaks
Hey welcome aboard! Usually we post things like this in the what you're working on thread, but since you're new and you ask nicely (and call twoism sexy!), and its a trend right now to make threads for single songs:
I can clearly hear it's just loops fading in and out, little movement or structure. There's little that holds my attention except what kind of loops will come in next and which one leave. I do like some of the sounds you've designed, they'd sound nice a little dirtier but I think you've got bigger fish to fry then EQ, you could always do that after the song is written. That's just me personally not giving a whole lot of fuck about mastering in the writing stage.
If you're working with grids or patterns inside a daw like FL, it might be helpful for you to write songs in 16/4 instead of 4/4 to force you to make longer loops. Try to make every time a loop plays unique in one way or another, duplicate it and change something. Have interesting things happen!
I'm sure I've said this a bunch of times to others already and get the feeling twoism isn't really organized to help people make music.
I can clearly hear it's just loops fading in and out, little movement or structure. There's little that holds my attention except what kind of loops will come in next and which one leave. I do like some of the sounds you've designed, they'd sound nice a little dirtier but I think you've got bigger fish to fry then EQ, you could always do that after the song is written. That's just me personally not giving a whole lot of fuck about mastering in the writing stage.
If you're working with grids or patterns inside a daw like FL, it might be helpful for you to write songs in 16/4 instead of 4/4 to force you to make longer loops. Try to make every time a loop plays unique in one way or another, duplicate it and change something. Have interesting things happen!
I'm sure I've said this a bunch of times to others already and get the feeling twoism isn't really organized to help people make music.
Throw away your smartphone.