The speech in We've Started Up
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
The speech in We've Started Up
I don't think anyone's ever really attempted to figure out what the slowed down speech at around 1:00 in We've Started Up is meant to be. Cosmic Manta and I discovered that if you speed it up it says something along the lines of "*unintelligible* Animal zoo, and daycare! Don't forget the zoo!"
There's a Sesame Street segment from episode 2852 (the one all the other BoC sesame street samples have been from so far) about a vet fixing a baby robin's wing and then setting it free, is there a chance it could be from that? If so, can anyone verify? (We would check but we couldn't find it)
There's a Sesame Street segment from episode 2852 (the one all the other BoC sesame street samples have been from so far) about a vet fixing a baby robin's wing and then setting it free, is there a chance it could be from that? If so, can anyone verify? (We would check but we couldn't find it)
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
- Spoiler: show
- WaitingFor_22
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:36 am
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
Here is a video where you can watch that segment, it starts at 14:59 but I can't hear the speech you're looking for.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2go2en
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2go2en
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
It doesn't sound like it's in English.
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
Omikron wrote:It doesn't sound like it's in English.
Ya, it really sounds like a different language. It sounds almost like one of the languages they speak in parts of Africa, I can't put my finger on which language though. I'm certainly no expert on languages, but that's just what it sounds like to me.
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
That's what I thought too until I heard this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/apec32gfj6srx ... o.mp3?dl=1
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
- Spoiler: show
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
Jango9 wrote:That's what I thought too until I heard this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/apec32gfj6srx ... o.mp3?dl=1
That doesn't changed my mind at all. I've already heard it kinda like that before I posted. I can see where you are drawing similarities from what he says to your guess in the OP, but I'm confident in what I hear enough to say that IMO that's definitely not what he says and it's not English.
I'm glad this thread has been made because it's been a long time coming that an easily audible voice has been in an old BoC song and no one has come forth to confirm or even guess what it says yet. How does that even happen here?? So definitely a good idea, Jango9!
C'mon twoism! You're multicultural, get at it! What language is this and what is he saying??
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
It sounds a bit Spanish or I dunno, one of the South American languages to me? I'm hearing the same phrase repeated pretty much except the first time it starts something like El Sada and the second time E Christou?
- Skimming Stone
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 449
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:35 pm
- Location: England
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
The aggression and the way his voice sounds in general always makes me think he's German, but I know virtually nothing about any language except English so unfortunately I can't bring any sort of knowledge to this 
-
Cosmic Manta
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 386
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:40 pm
- Location: hello
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
I still think it sounds like Elmo
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.
- TheStatPow
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 704
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:04 pm
- Location: ØØ Confusion ØØ
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
Sounds like japanese to me.
i'M aLSo SerViNG tHEsTATpOW a wARnINg
- TheStatPow
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 704
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:04 pm
- Location: ØØ Confusion ØØ
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
Imma list everything I hear and maybe we can brainstorm something.
Assuming its in english, which it maybe not.
First 2 words sounds like either:
"Its feather"
"It's rather"
"It's at the"
"Hexagon" (no shit, if you listen enough you might hear it, I may be going crazy :^) )
After there seem to be a jump cut, the pitch changes a bit, the words just doesn't feel like its from the same sentence
wich seems to sound after like "only be" Then another jump cut with something that at first sounds like "massou" but that part actually sounds japanese.
then another jump cut and then it says:
"don't tease" or "dumpty's CO" then another jump cut to "don't forget the zoo"
So in the end it may be this:
HEXAGON ONLY BE MASSU, DUMPTY'S CO™, DON'T FORGET THE ZOOoooOOOo!
Yeah no, thats not it, out of the joke, i actually think its japanese, the way its all pronounced it just sounds like a japanese commercial.
Assuming its in english, which it maybe not.
First 2 words sounds like either:
"Its feather"
"It's rather"
"It's at the"
"Hexagon" (no shit, if you listen enough you might hear it, I may be going crazy :^) )
After there seem to be a jump cut, the pitch changes a bit, the words just doesn't feel like its from the same sentence
wich seems to sound after like "only be" Then another jump cut with something that at first sounds like "massou" but that part actually sounds japanese.
then another jump cut and then it says:
"don't tease" or "dumpty's CO" then another jump cut to "don't forget the zoo"
So in the end it may be this:
HEXAGON ONLY BE MASSU, DUMPTY'S CO™, DON'T FORGET THE ZOOoooOOOo!
Yeah no, thats not it, out of the joke, i actually think its japanese, the way its all pronounced it just sounds like a japanese commercial.
i'M aLSo SerViNG tHEsTATpOW a wARnINg
-
Cosmic Manta
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 386
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:40 pm
- Location: hello
Re: The speech in We've Started Up
it's feather kazoo and daycare, elmo get the zoo!
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.