Hey everyone, just when you thought you'd had enough of me, my self-titled album was just released for free today at Experimedia. Don't think I just slapped it together, it's been completed since Night Currents came out in January, and I've been hiding it away until now. Here's the official PR writeup for it:
Experimedia is very proud to welcome into our catalog, the ever prolific Milieu's self-titled album. A stunningly beautiful album destined to be an ambient classic. Truly one of the greatest ambient masterpieces since Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works II. An album that comforted me through one of the most difficult periods in my life. Described by Milieu himself as one of his most personal works to date. The story is best told through his own words. -Jeremy Bible
It was the end of the Summer, in 2005, and I had finished a large bulk of material (Aurora Borealis and Night Currents, most notably) and I was unsure about the validity of my music at that point. Looking back on the dozens of hours of material, I was convinced that I was unable to produce quality music without the aid of a computer. To put myself to the creative test, I set out to record an album using only the most basic tools I had when I first began making tapes in 1997...electric and acoustic guitar, some effects pedals, my Lowrey organ and my Technics M11 cassette deck. The result turned into one of the most artistically perfect moments I've ever had, very very personal and very very real. No frills, just me at home on my original instruments. I followed these successful sessions immediately with more recordings in this same approach, which resulted in the Of The Apple and Sun White Sun albums. The Milieu album remains self-titled because it's the truest embodiment of who I am as a musician, where I've been, and how I want to communicate through my work all of these things. It's a language without words to me. -Milieu
I didn't expect an ambient album like this tbh. I listened to the whole album but have to admit it really isn't my thing atm. Maybe later on, on a cold winter day.
Aesthetics wrote:I didn't expect an ambient album like this tbh. I listened to the whole album but have to admit it really isn't my thing atm. Maybe later on, on a cold winter day.
I've got the same feeling, but only after one listening session. I'll give it another chance tonight or at night. It had some nice tracks fo sho but it didn't grab me like some of your other releases...
I am enjoying this release with each listen. I've listened to it everyday since I found out about it (thanks Brian ) It is an amazing album. I still have not heard the last 2 tracks... would anyone be able to send me the files??? for some reason I can't dl them from the experimedia site. thanks in advance.