Hey Twoism, I got the promo VHS (PAL version) in the mail today! It was signed and dated by Andy Robinson 02 Apr. as the others, just arrived late in the game I guess. As far as I can tell nothing is different but I will put a copy of it online as soon as I can. The only thing interesting (maybe the other VHS posts have already mentioned?) is at the end of it there's a frame that shows the recording settings maybe when the original VHS copies were made? It's not from my VCR because I can pause it on the exact frame. I'll put up a better still once the tape is digitized. Cheers!
Btw, I played it in NTSC (I have a multi system VCR) and nothing significant occurred.
Aesthetics wrote:Cheers man! Great to see another twoismer got lucky
I agree! Kind of surprised there wasn't more. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, yeah I feel pretty lucky! I have a feeling that they have a whole bunch of these vhs promos and will include them with future album pre-sales or whatnot...
Wildfire wrote:Right on! So cool that they are still sending them out, or was yours stuck in transit? What was the send date?
I live in Norway so I'm guessing it got stuck in customs. It was signed April 2nd for sending so I'm guessing shipped shortly thereafter.
It makes sense that a former operative of the Obsidian Order would be involved in this.
Love seeing DS9 come up, boyfriend and I have been watching through it. My second time, his first--I think it's the best-written Star Trek series. He'd never watched Star Trek so I started him on this one and he's loved it.
Not to veer too far off topic--maybe the BOC VHS is a temporal anomaly...
Not much of an excitement factor anymore I guess - are there any secrets we can still squeeze out from the promo videos? - but for posterity I uploaded what was on my promo copy anyway. Cheers!