wwbjd wrote: (and I think I know someone who could definitely help out), then we'll see about hard copies (free of charge of course). .
-B
I know someone too. I havent been able to get a hold of him, he is a busy guy with a radioshow and a band that both do very well. I will try and get a hold of him this week. I know he could help. No promises though...
Can someone with the files for the final mastered CD not just set up a site where we can download them and the artwork, then make our own copies. That seems like the simplest solution, no?
I was really looking forward to having the CD pop through the letterbox though.
Well... I just spoke with Danny his friend and he told me that Danny went into the institution this monday and is knocked out with medications just to keep him calm. It can take a while before he will be discharged. Let's hope he will pull through pretty soon.
Regarding the money.. Kris (Danny his friend) guaranteed me that once Danny will get back home he will return everyone their money.
Plus, I deleted all the negative replies in this thead just to avoid Danny getting into the negative spiral again once he reads this. I bet you all understand.
Chime Traveler wrote:It's quite a shame that it came down to this. Lesson learned by me here: Never hand over your hard earned money to just anyone on the Internet. (Reputable & established businesses aside). Sorry to all who also shelled out their money, had their hopes up and were looking forward to this collectible DIY "honorary tribute" to two of the most talented musicians out there.
It's a great feeling to share, (or to be a part of a community of people sharing), something that they have a lot of passion for with other like-minded individuals. This is something which actually inspires people to want to create and do something tangible in an honorary fashion to the "thing or people or cause" that they're really passionate about...thus the One On Twoism compilation CD. The upsetting part of this is that it's such a letdown when in the end after sharing this passion or wanting to be a part of an end result and putting your money where your mouth is, (having a couple of extra dollars at the time), you're taken for a ride.
Still looking forward to eventually hearing all of the tracks that people put their heart and soul into...
This is the original intent. BOD had a great idea and we went with it. The idea of sharing with so many killer musicians from this site was all I thought about for a long time. I saw this as an extension of what I felt about BOC, a truly meaningful (on many levels) exchange of creativity, for the beauty of doing it together and as a community. I mean we're from all over the fucking world and we got together to do something beautiful, no egos, no bullshit, just harmony and sound. I was shocked to see where it was going once I got back online. It had turned into something ugly and mean and it devoured the original idea. I honestly feel bad for those folks that sent him money and at the same time I totally don't. Music is an aesthetic pursuit and owning music as a product is not. In some ways I'd like to say shame on you all for needing a product in hand when we had all we needed. Robin I would ask that you don't delete this as it's nothing to do with Danver. IF everything we're hearing is true I wish him the best and do believe he'll return all the money when it's feasible for him to do so. To everyone who put in their music....You are all still truely great and don't let this dampen you spirit of sharing!
Steve-O, You express your views thoughtfully. But the next bit?????
Music is an aesthetic pursuit and owning music as a product is not. In some ways I'd like to say shame on you all for needing a product in hand when we had all we needed.
Cant see what you mean by saying we should be ashamed for wanting to have a product. Using that logic we shouldn't own a good hi-fi and only ever listen to music live. Aesthetics is about objects just as much as it is about sensation and feeling. So a CD with nice artwork can be an aesthetic object. Or am I mis-reading you? Sorry for the off topic.
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q
Music is an aesthetic pursuit and owning music as a product is not. In some ways I'd like to say shame on you all for needing a product in hand when we had all we needed.
Sounds like someone can't afford music or is completely ignorant.
what ever happened to that we're all little sweet mild-mannered care bears attitude everyone used to have?
i feel like im in a high school cafeteria with these comebacks....
i think you're reading a bit too much into the objectification of this project, steve. we all know about and are expecting a downloadable version of this soon; some people thought it would be nice to have as a memento with it's own artwork and mixed by Grim. I really don't see what's so bad about this idea; of course it could've been handled way better though
If this is high school, I'm in detention class for doing nothing again, Aesthetics is the Principal and ExitEuXa is the goth kid in the corner that got stealing the all the yearbook funds, but since he is Attention Deficit he gets out of it.
Yeah, polar sky, the moody kid who hates the world because he's got some sort of issue going on elsewhere, in detention because that got him in a bit of a twist.
Everybody calm down. You'll get the money. You'll get the mix. ExitEuXa is having problems that I'd trust a psychologist to diagnose properly, and it can't be helped.
Maybe the gods are poking sticks at us just now but stop hardening the blow by poking sticks at each other.
Techboy wrote:Yeah, polar sky, the moody kid who hates the world because he's got some sort of issue going on elsewhere, in detention because that got him in a bit of a twist.
Everybody calm down. You'll get the money. You'll get the mix. ExitEuXa is having problems that I'd trust a psychologist to diagnose properly, and it can't be helped.
Maybe the gods are poking sticks at us just now but stop hardening the blow by poking sticks at each other.
polar sky wrote:Music is an aesthetic pursuit and owning music as a product is not. In some ways I'd like to say shame on you all for needing a product in hand when we had all we needed.
Sounds like someone can't afford music or is completely ignorant.
You know you're such a complete asshole sometimes. Ignorant....hahahahahahahaha
polar sky wrote:If this is high school, I'm in detention class for doing nothing again, Aesthetics is the Principal and ExitEuXa is the goth kid in the corner that got stealing the all the yearbook funds, but since he is Attention Deficit he gets out of it.