Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.1 [2007]
Moderator: Aesthetics
- esselfortium
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 365
- Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:51 pm
- Location: North Carolina
- Contact:
nny wrote:esselfortium wrote:Aesthetics wrote:niknak wrote:Oh, another question. What format is the lossless in and will iTunes play it?
Cheers
It's flac and iTunes can't play it.. sorry.
There's a program called Max that can convert FLAC (among other formats) into AIFF, WAV, Apple Lossless, or a multitude of other formats, though!
Also, it seems that, bizarrely, there are no Mac programs capable of splitting an mp3 automatically using a cue file. Is there any possibility of getting a download of this split into separate mp3s eventually? That'd be really nice and convenient. :3
Everything sounds good so far, great work everybody!
There is, look for Cue Splitter. If you don't find it, PM and I'll mail it to you.
Thanks! It's not working properly for me, though. I've tried both 2.6 and 2.5.2, the two OS 10.4-compatible versions, and both of them only leave me with one file, Techboy's song, the final track. Either Cue Splitter has a problem with working properly on x86 processors, or there's something it doesn't like about the cue file I guess...
Ninja edit: Or is it because they're mp3s, not flacs?
- zander two
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 781
- Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:42 am
- esselfortium
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 365
- Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:51 pm
- Location: North Carolina
- Contact:
- Techboy
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 2322
- Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:11 pm
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
I'll possibly [probably] be mailing one - see the thread in boc section.jonnyjj74 wrote:I hope that we can somehow get a copy to the band.
and thanks to you for the hosting, and the songs - I confess to being a big fan of your stuff.wwbjd wrote:It's quite the impressive mix.. and all the tracks are just stellar.
Big thumbs up to Soupbandit for the artwork, Turnstiled for the web design, Aesthetics for his great mix and of course to everyone that contributed.
I love it!
- archaic horizon
- Boqurant
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:07 am
- Location: California
- Contact:
esselfortium wrote:nny wrote:esselfortium wrote:Aesthetics wrote:niknak wrote:Oh, another question. What format is the lossless in and will iTunes play it?
Cheers
It's flac and iTunes can't play it.. sorry.
There's a program called Max that can convert FLAC (among other formats) into AIFF, WAV, Apple Lossless, or a multitude of other formats, though!
Also, it seems that, bizarrely, there are no Mac programs capable of splitting an mp3 automatically using a cue file. Is there any possibility of getting a download of this split into separate mp3s eventually? That'd be really nice and convenient. :3
Everything sounds good so far, great work everybody!
There is, look for Cue Splitter. If you don't find it, PM and I'll mail it to you.
Thanks! It's not working properly for me, though. I've tried both 2.6 and 2.5.2, the two OS 10.4-compatible versions, and both of them only leave me with one file, Techboy's song, the final track. Either Cue Splitter has a problem with working properly on x86 processors, or there's something it doesn't like about the cue file I guess...
Ninja edit: Or is it because they're mp3s, not flacs?
I had the exact same problem even though it has been working well for me so far with other cue files running on my G4 processor. My guess is that it has to do with this particular one. Is it possible that anyone can make a Mac friendly cue file for this?
- thedisavowed
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
jonnyjj74 wrote:archaic horizon wrote:Well I love it... but I would really prefer it to be cut up into individual tracks.
I agree, but we had a long debate about this a while back. After the first few songs I don't know which artists made which songs.
That's really my only complaint. There's a beautiful piano piece midway through and I wish I knew who it was by....
I must say that I am a bit disappointed about the excerpt of my last track. It doesn't even feature the music but just the voices in the end. I thought this one was way better and much more produced than the other track and unfortunately, I've been promoting this compilation all over the place for featuring a new unreleased track and in the end, well, there is only the end of it.
Excellent music from everyone though. Congratulations to everyone involved.
Excellent music from everyone though. Congratulations to everyone involved.
- Techboy
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 2322
- Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:11 pm
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
If a cue file splitter isnt working, try changing the first number after index to 01, as so
becomes
Code: Select all
TRACK 18 AUDIO
TITLE "Pigeon Hole"
PERFORMER "The Other"
INDEX 01864394098 45:45:00
becomes
Code: Select all
TRACK 18 AUDIO
TITLE "Pigeon Hole"
PERFORMER "The Other"
INDEX 01 45:45:00
- turnstiled
- Boqurant
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:56 pm
- Location: 75081
-
boardsofdublin
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1872
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 6:58 pm
- Location: Dublin



