P.S.
WATCH YOUR MOUTHS ABOUT SHPONGLE
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
oyster wrote:I'm moving there.![]()
P.S.
WATCH YOUR MOUTHS ABOUT SHPONGLE
I used to live in a larger city in Pennsylvania, and seriously, some of the people who liked underground hip-hop liked BoC when I played it for them!
sacred_geometry wrote:Shpongle is fucking amazing. they are completely different than BoC and cannot be compared at all in that shpongle's music is an outgrowth of psytrance and world music while BoC's music is an outgrowth of IDM, Ambient techno, 8-bit NES music, found sound avant-garde and 70s movie soundtracks. What both have in common, though, is the ability to completely transport the listener...to erase the ego with a palpable but undefined "magic" that is certainly there in their music, and that exists in all the great music artists of our time.
Vordhosbn wrote:isawdrones wrote:When you go on some lame ass kids blog and it says that he/shes been listening to boc? I just went on this chick i knows last fm and right next to "whos eating at chilis on tuesday?" there was an iLike application with a few boc tracks. I just hate consumerist ass kids listening to good music because its some new hip to them.
yeah, those bitches just hoard anything that will make them look sophisticated. Stupid ass pricks. I just hate those types of people!!!![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
bulletsoflove wrote:It just doesn't add up if you ask me. If you don't like people liking 'your bands' then why would you play it for them? Whatev. And that's all I have to say about that.
The Telepathic Kid wrote:yeah.thats.right.orange wrote:No one would have liked Boards of Canada if I brought one of their discs in class. I am shy when this is about sharing music tastes because everybody would obviously react negatively.
Same here.
Sputnik wrote:The Telepathic Kid wrote:yeah.thats.right.orange wrote:No one would have liked Boards of Canada if I brought one of their discs in class. I am shy when this is about sharing music tastes because everybody would obviously react negatively.
Same here.
Come on, it's not like BoC aren't a rather well-known and popular band. Plus everyone born before 1990 is bound to get some of the references. I'd say they're a band that grows on you.
And they make hip-hop beats better than quite a few hip-hop artists.
Sputnik wrote:The Telepathic Kid wrote:yeah.thats.right.orange wrote:No one would have liked Boards of Canada if I brought one of their discs in class. I am shy when this is about sharing music tastes because everybody would obviously react negatively.
Same here.
Come on, it's not like BoC aren't a rather well-known and popular band. Plus everyone born before 1990 is bound to get some of the references. I'd say they're a band that grows on you.
And they make hip-hop beats better than quite a few hip-hop artists.
infinite sevens wrote:I do not know anyone that likes BoC out of their own interest.
Which means I would like to meet someone who likes BoC of their own accord.
With one exception- I'd like a girl with a mind open to the idea-
isawdrones wrote:Me and a friend were talking about music with words and how it forces an emotion on you through communication but with instrumental music you have to go into the music and kind of let your mind create its own.
zeitgeist wrote:i just introduced my girlfriend to boc tonight. it was hard to do to be real honest. what if she hated it? i guess i'm just not open to sharing my musical tastes to many people for fear of their misunderstanding...anyway, i played olson first followed by everything you do is a balloon and i'm not kidding, she had tears in her eyes. i like where this is going...