oot volume 3 (the remix collection)

Moderator: Aesthetics

User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »

sounds like a fancy shmamtacular idea.
User avatar
BrandNewRetro
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Greater Manchester, UK

Post by BrandNewRetro »

Shadowshocker wrote:Remix of songs from volume 1/2 or new songs?


I actually like the idea of remixes from volume 2, but hey like others have said...lets not get too carried away :lol:
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk
User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »

We could possibly even crack open some of our own older tunes and remix them ourselves into something decent. I know I've got a few early attempts that need major work and are missing some samples that I need to fill in with something. Would you put that on this album, or should we just stick with the idea of remixing other people's music?
User avatar
Cupz
High Scorer
Posts: 10670
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Cupz »

747Music wrote:We could possibly even crack open some of our own older tunes and remix them ourselves into something decent. I know I've got a few early attempts that need major work and are missing some samples that I need to fill in with something. Would you put that on this album, or should we just stick with the idea of remixing other people's music?


I like the idea of remixing other people´s music. I usually hate remixes but I´d really love to hear someone taking an idea to another level.
Throw away your smartphone.
User avatar
Phasen
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1087
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: Eugene, Oregon

Post by Phasen »

This all sounds good to me. I'd like to get in on the next one. I was in the middle of moving when the submission deadline for volume two was...but hey. Digging the idea, hills.
User avatar
CoBoC
Sherbet Head
Posts: 987
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:25 am

Post by CoBoC »

I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.
Viper.
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »

hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.


agreed
User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

Post by Aesthetics »

hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.

agreed
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
hills west
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:14 pm

Post by hills west »

im fine with that
User avatar
Synthetrix
Eagle Minded
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:58 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by Synthetrix »

Aesthetics wrote:
hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.

agreed


How about "One On Remixism"
:wink:
User avatar
Guido
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:45 am

Post by Guido »

I might be interested but I can never guarantee I have enough inspiration to make a remix on demand.

What about giving anyone who is interested in remixing or being remixed access to a private FTP (Robotanalysis'?) and upload their stuff and then see where it heads, we can discuss the eventual packaging of it meanwhile.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.
User avatar
robotanalysis
Posts Quantity
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:34 am
Location: Boston, USA

Post by robotanalysis »

Guido wrote:I might be interested but I can never guarantee I have enough inspiration to make a remix on demand.

What about giving anyone who is interested in remixing or being remixed access to a private FTP (Robotanalysis'?) and upload their stuff and then see where it heads, we can discuss the eventual packaging of it meanwhile.


Sounds like a great idea, I'm in.

(On a side note, I've gone through my old tunes and will be releasing another selected works and an 'album' of raw drafts and sketches - possible remix material as well.)
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

robotanalysis wrote:
Guido wrote:I might be interested but I can never guarantee I have enough inspiration to make a remix on demand.

What about giving anyone who is interested in remixing or being remixed access to a private FTP (Robotanalysis'?) and upload their stuff and then see where it heads, we can discuss the eventual packaging of it meanwhile.


Sounds like a great idea, I'm in.

(On a side note, I've gone through my old tunes and will be releasing another selected works and an 'album' of raw drafts and sketches - possible remix material as well.)

i loook forward to it!
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
ross adey
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:56 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland.

Post by ross adey »

CoBoC wrote:I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.


just do a handstand and tapdance over hot coals in the middle of the night.
Last edited by ross adey on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
thedisavowed
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by thedisavowed »

ross adey wrote:
CoBoC wrote:I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.


just do your own tune and name it as a remix of someone else's.


APHEX STYLE!!!
User avatar
CoBoC
Sherbet Head
Posts: 987
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:25 am

Post by CoBoC »

lol
Viper.
User avatar
Phasen
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1087
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: Eugene, Oregon

Post by Phasen »

hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.


another in agreement
User avatar
hills west
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:14 pm

Post by hills west »

ross adey wrote:
CoBoC wrote:I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.


just do your own tune and name it as a remix of someone else's.


quit givin away my secrets
User avatar
ross adey
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:56 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland.

Post by ross adey »

hills west wrote:
ross adey wrote:
CoBoC wrote:I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.


just do your own tune and name it as a remix of someone else's.


quit givin away my secrets


wait a minute, i think what i said got twisted here...
Post a reply