Hello!
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
-
DeepChromeCanyons
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:05 am
Hello!
I've just joined the board after several months of becoming obsessed with boc. I have their last 3 lps as well as In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country and was wondering where I should go from here.
We sleep in the morning.
We dream of the ship that sails away.
We dream of the ship that sails away.
- hungry_manweaselbeast
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1007
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:17 am
- Location: gone
- Contact:
Trans Canada Highway EP
Mira Calix - Sandsings (BoC remix)
Hi Scores
I'll let others post suggestions ...
Mira Calix - Sandsings (BoC remix)
Hi Scores
I'll let others post suggestions ...
By last 3 lps, if you mean MHTRTC, Geogaddi, and TCH, you should get Twoism next for sure (you get a sticker with the cd
).
However, buy any Boards album or ep and you wont be disappointed. I have yet to listen to a boc song I don't like.
You won't find the album Maxima in any store, so get it off Soulseek, or if you want you can pm me your email and ill add you to msn and send it, and some other gems you cant buy, to you there.
Welcome
However, buy any Boards album or ep and you wont be disappointed. I have yet to listen to a boc song I don't like.
You won't find the album Maxima in any store, so get it off Soulseek, or if you want you can pm me your email and ill add you to msn and send it, and some other gems you cant buy, to you there.
Welcome
-
thegr8brian
- Boqurant
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 pm
- Location: Alamo, CA
-
DeepChromeCanyons
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:05 am
- turquoise70
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 4901
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
- Location: the system
- Contact:
At one point or another the inevitable boc-fan's vision quest must be taken whereupon you confront the mysterious the Old Tunes and discover yourself anew with them as your mystical reference point.
but really they're good stuff.
but really they're good stuff.
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
turquoise70 wrote:At one point or another the inevitable boc-fan's vision quest must be taken whereupon you confront the mysterious the Old Tunes and discover yourself anew with them as your mystical reference point.
Thats the most epic way to describe it
Throw away your smartphone.
-
DeepChromeCanyons
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:05 am
turquoise70 wrote:At one point or another the inevitable boc-fan's vision quest must be taken whereupon you confront the mysterious the Old Tunes and discover yourself anew with them as your mystical reference point.
but really they're good stuff.
Vision quest eh. Sounds like something I'd partake in.
But yeah, thanks for the suggestions everyone. I picked up Twoism and Trans Canada (the joys of living a block away from about 10 different indie record shops). I'm gonna give them a go tonight.
We sleep in the morning.
We dream of the ship that sails away.
We dream of the ship that sails away.
- hexagon son
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 3254
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Hello!
DeepChromeCanyons wrote:I've just joined the board after several months of becoming obsessed with boc. I have their last 3 lps as well as In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country and was wondering where I should go from here.
boc maxima, for sure. you will need to soulseek for that one though as it is unavailable for purchase. and greets ^_^
"It's been a long time..."
- Infinite E
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1553
- Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:02 pm
- Contact:
Re: Hello!
hexagon son wrote:DeepChromeCanyons wrote:I've just joined the board after several months of becoming obsessed with boc. I have their last 3 lps as well as In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country and was wondering where I should go from here.
boc maxima, for sure. you will need to soulseek for that one though as it is unavailable for purchase. and greets ^_^
yeah
-
DeepChromeCanyons
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:05 am
Re: Hello!
Infinite E wrote:hexagon son wrote:DeepChromeCanyons wrote:I've just joined the board after several months of becoming obsessed with boc. I have their last 3 lps as well as In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country and was wondering where I should go from here.
boc maxima, for sure. you will need to soulseek for that one though as it is unavailable for purchase. and greets ^_^
yeah
I have found it on one of the torrent sites i frequent. I now have more boc to immerse myself to last me quite a while.
We sleep in the morning.
We dream of the ship that sails away.
We dream of the ship that sails away.
- hexagon son
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 3254
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
jbond007 wrote:Peel Session. for one track in particular
which one? aquarius ver.3 and olson ver.3 are exclusive to this release. happy cycling is now available with the re-issue of MHTRTC. anyone who actually buys their (BoC) albums should know that... (no accusations directed at you, 007 ^_^)
"It's been a long time..."
-
DeepChromeCanyons
- Friendly Stranger
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:05 am
- thedisavowed
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
DeepChromeCanyons wrote:Is that available in stores?
Depends. It's probably a more scarce item when it comes to just finding it new in a shop. At least- in most stores I've been in lately it hasn't been in stock (I check just for kicks- even though I own them all... or maybe I'm just somehow secretly hoping something will be there that I don't already have).
Amazon has it used for $7.22 and up.
So... it's hardly unattainable.. but probably not just sitting in a shop (not new, anyway).
- hexagon son
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 3254
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
- Location: Calgary, Alberta