The Great Campfire Headphase Fake :

Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun

User avatar
blue_olson
New Seed
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 pm

The Great Campfire Headphase Fake :

Post by blue_olson »

I always thought I was up to speed on BoC, so it was to my surprise when I awoke this morning and logged into my youtube page to find that somebody suggested that a recent upload of the track 'Ataranchronon' was indeed not BoC.
Here is that video .. http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jLXUWsSLYmA
So I ask you brothers and sisters then,is this not Boards of Canada?
And indeed what is the story behind this 'fake' Campfire Headphase LP. Further and brief investigation on google told me there was substance to the claim.

Many thanks ..
User avatar
Cupz
High Scorer
Posts: 10670
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Cupz »

Here we go again :lol:
Throw away your smartphone.
User avatar
-Phil-
Friendly Stranger
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm
Location: Paris

Post by -Phil- »

ahah
it's not Ataronchronon for sure, and it's too boring/not melodic enough to be BoC anyway
User avatar
saturdayindex
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia

Post by saturdayindex »

I'm actually digging this a lot. I wonder who it is. It does kind of sound like something BOC might do.
Last edited by saturdayindex on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
”.pu ekaW .live si tenretnI ehT”
User avatar
turquoise70
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4901
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
Location: the system
Contact:

Post by turquoise70 »

Faked self-promotion smells like AIDS penises.

*sniff*

Yep, every time.
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
User avatar
saturdayindex
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia

Post by saturdayindex »

Boards of Canada masquerading as fake Boards of Canada..

but let's be honest here... whether this is fake or not, it's actually damn good, in my opinion. the piece as a whole is definitely tinged with Autechre.

nice job.
”.pu ekaW .live si tenretnI ehT”
User avatar
Cupz
High Scorer
Posts: 10670
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Cupz »

saturdayindex wrote:but let's be honest here... whether this is fake or not, it's actually damn good, in my opinion. the piece as a whole is definitely tinged with Autechre.


Its a really good song, but its not BoC by any means. Will the real artist please stand up?

Wasn't this retrodreaming?

Oh, and since when was The Campfire Headphase an EP :lol:
Throw away your smartphone.
User avatar
zeitgeist
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: where teh wild things are

Post by zeitgeist »

aids penises. lolz....
User avatar
Joebot Kill
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1558
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by Joebot Kill »

if that song is boards of canada, its a good thing it wasnt released because it was pretty boring.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
User avatar
blue_olson
New Seed
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by blue_olson »

I grabbed this 'LP' (sorry about the EP bit) illegally so I got my fingers burnt I suppose.
In saying that though had someone not said I would have went through my life thinking this was BoC and not only that,but probably my favourite piece from them. :/
I think it is an incredible piece of music and it sounds like BoC all over to me.
I feel bad for not knowing,please forgive me Boards.

I would love to know who produced it then,it is an immense piece of electronica.
User avatar
blue_olson
New Seed
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by blue_olson »

It also begs the question if this is not BoC,then what else is not on this album I have been listening to.
Grrr!
Music piracy is dumb.
User avatar
turquoise70
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4901
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
Location: the system
Contact:

Post by turquoise70 »

blue_olson wrote:I grabbed this 'LP' (sorry about the EP bit) illegally so I got my fingers burnt I suppose.
In saying that though had someone not said I would have went through my life thinking this was BoC and not only that,but probably my favourite piece from them. :/
I think it is an incredible piece of music and it sounds like BoC all over to me.
I feel bad for not knowing,please forgive me Boards.

I would love to know who produced it then,it is an immense piece of electronica.


It's all good. We're just generally very well-versed in BoC sound-alikes, fakes, tributes, and related minutia on this forum. (And I don't know who made it, soz)
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
User avatar
saturdayindex
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia

Post by saturdayindex »

I really love the production on this track, even if it's not the most exciting track in the world. Someone's got some good skillz.
”.pu ekaW .live si tenretnI ehT”
User avatar
bleak.
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 pm
Location: Aberaeron
Contact:

Post by bleak. »

disliked it earlier...but at these later hours i'm appreciating it. definitely not BOC...

edit: it's really starting to drag...
User avatar
oyster
Eagle Minded
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:36 am
Contact:

Post by oyster »

a. it's clearly your own music

b. it's not good

c. fuck you

d. taco sauce living in a chicken mind

6. please me

904. im drunk

43. fuck your momma

45. please shut u

45. if it isn't your music, this is what you get for stealing music and ripping off the artist you stupid cunt
User avatar
zeitgeist
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: where teh wild things are

Post by zeitgeist »

oyster wrote:a. it's clearly your own music

b. it's not good

c. fuck you

d. taco sauce living in a chicken mind

6. please me

904. im drunk

43. fuck your momma

45. please shut u

45. if it isn't your music, this is what you get for stealing music and ripping off the artist you stupid cunt


wow. :roll:
User avatar
oyster
Eagle Minded
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:36 am
Contact:

Post by oyster »

shut your whore!
User avatar
blue_olson
New Seed
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by blue_olson »

oyster wrote:a. it's clearly your own music

b. it's not good

c. fuck you

d. taco sauce living in a chicken mind

6. please me

904. im drunk

43. fuck your momma

45. please shut u

45. if it isn't your music, this is what you get for stealing music and ripping off the artist you stupid cunt



I can guarantee you it isn't my music.
I would rather listen to music obtained via suspect downloads than not at all. I'm sure the artist would have me listen to it this way too,than not at all.
When I can afford all my music on vinyl I shall have it all on vinyl.

a. Have a cigarette buddie.
b. I regret this thread ;

Carry on ...
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

oyster wrote:a. it's clearly your own music

b. it's not good

c. fuck you

d. taco sauce living in a chicken mind

6. please me

904. im drunk

43. fuck your momma

45. please shut u

45. if it isn't your music, this is what you get for stealing music and ripping off the artist you stupid cunt


i lol'd! but yeah, if you download and you know you love the band and have no intention of buying, well then... if you DL an artist who's work is impossible to buy brand new (deleted, not in print etc.), then that is fair play. i'm not overly keen on paying for mp3's myself.
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
88marquis
Sherbet Head
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Re: The Great Campfire Headphase Fake :

Post by 88marquis »

The beat is cool, but it goes on for too long - kinda like most of my songs so far! =P
Post a reply