did anyone ever think that maybe they have day jobs? surely they aren't all that rich.. i mean they don't do live shows, they don't have radio singles, they only have one music video.. i know they did some stuff for tv, but they probably don't sleep on a pile of money..
snowpepsi wrote:did anyone ever think that maybe they have day jobs? surely they aren't all that rich.. i mean they don't do live shows, they don't have radio singles, they only have one music video.. i know they did some stuff for tv, but they probably don't sleep on a pile of money..
yeah, my point exactly.. and while their contribution to electronica is enormous and all them fan made youtoube vidz and experimenting in reverse is all fun and games, perhaps after a decade or so in a quasi-thankless biz (on the financial side) calls for a semi-sharp right, why not think ahead? (getting older, not any younger, Freedom 55).. if I were their agent, I'd urge them to do so anyways. I'm sure Warp wouldn't mind having BOC as their top earner (the Warp website is in dire need of a make-over, yo that's shit's ghetto).. but then again maybe a label change would be good too (bet BOC are pissed for not being featured on Warpvision, so up yours Warp says the Hexagonal Sun that is my sunshine recorder)...
I'm just talking out of my ass here. That's what happens when you leave someone in the dark too long... non-stop scheming, aaaawww yeaahhhh
Cupz wrote:No one thinks they might be producers for multiple bands? They admit Boards of Canada was just a side-project. I think that's their day job.
Where'd they say that? It sounds vaguely familiar but I can't place it.
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
Do you live in the country? "Yes, we've not been there long. We set up our studio in the Pentland Hills. Now we can start to live for our music, instead of being distracted by having to do other jobs, as before."
What sort of jobs? " Nothing to be ashamed off. Working in universities, for example, but we prefer not to talk about it."
Cupz wrote:No one thinks they might be producers for multiple bands? They admit Boards of Canada was just a side-project. I think that's their day job.
If they are, then what alias as they working under? Daft Punk? ...kidding.