sound logos
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
sound logos
...Okay so one of BOC's important musical influences was obviously corporate sound logos--particularly ones from the 70's/80's. I was thinking maybe we could discuss our favorite ones (if we have any) and maybe if they're harder to find, because they're vintage, we could post 'em?
I'll start. This one's rather obvious. I bought the Old School Sesame Street DVD set a few months ago and the old PBS logo at the end brought back so many memories! Man, that 'P' shaped like a head? And the cool synth chords? Totally classic.
Also, a current favorite of mine is the Metro PCS "Hello, hello, hello" ID. Makes me wanna switch to them for solely that reason.
I'll start. This one's rather obvious. I bought the Old School Sesame Street DVD set a few months ago and the old PBS logo at the end brought back so many memories! Man, that 'P' shaped like a head? And the cool synth chords? Totally classic.
Also, a current favorite of mine is the Metro PCS "Hello, hello, hello" ID. Makes me wanna switch to them for solely that reason.
- mechanismj
- Nova Scotia Robot
- Posts: 5157
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
- Contact:
- turquoise70
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 4901
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
- Location: the system
- Contact:
i loved those things!
i actually tried to make my own.
this is the "boreal network corporate sound logo"
i also made a sound-logo for a TV show my stoner friends and I are going to make called "the couch" - also the TV show's theme.
i actually tried to make my own.
this is the "boreal network corporate sound logo"
i also made a sound-logo for a TV show my stoner friends and I are going to make called "the couch" - also the TV show's theme.
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
- isawdrones
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
- Location: Brooklyn NY
turquoise70 wrote:i loved those things!
i actually tried to make my own.
this is the "boreal network corporate sound logo"
i also made a sound-logo for a TV show my stoner friends and I are going to make called "the couch" - also the TV show's theme.
bad ass man
- Joebot Kill
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1558
- Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
- Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
- Contact:
turquoise70 wrote:i loved those things!
i actually tried to make my own.
this is the "boreal network corporate sound logo"
i also made a sound-logo for a TV show my stoner friends and I are going to make called "the couch" - also the TV show's theme.
woah! turquoise70 i just checked out your myspace page. i might be buying a copy of your album.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
- turquoise70
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 4901
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
- Location: the system
- Contact:
- Joebot Kill
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1558
- Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
- Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
- Contact:
i found some good ones... not that they were hard to find
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Fqgbz4DzEY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7hco0eohTE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cngf1vwurIA& ... ed&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iBsrhdvmbcI
the last one is my favorite.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Fqgbz4DzEY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7hco0eohTE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cngf1vwurIA& ... ed&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iBsrhdvmbcI
the last one is my favorite.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
- Twoism-ist
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 746
- Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:28 pm
- Location: From The See
A few that I just uploaded for the hell of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfHln0zrnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgAI9SrYIKA
EDIT: I just found one of my favorites from United Learning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0lvRxfGCK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfHln0zrnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgAI9SrYIKA
EDIT: I just found one of my favorites from United Learning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0lvRxfGCK8
MOST THINGS GO OUT OF STYLE, ' C E P T
F R I E N D S
F R I E N D S
Twoism-ist wrote:EDIT: I just found one of my favorites from United Learning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0lvRxfGCK8
WOW!!!
Im gonna sample that^^
Throw away your smartphone.
brilliant thread!
i'm slightly annoyed now...pretty much every film i watched in the 80's/late 90's had this ident...i had it bookmarked, but i cant find it.
i'm pretty sure it was thames films, similar to this - http://youtube.com/watch?v=z9172Bf_0po
this is really bugging me now! X
i'm slightly annoyed now...pretty much every film i watched in the 80's/late 90's had this ident...i had it bookmarked, but i cant find it.
i'm pretty sure it was thames films, similar to this - http://youtube.com/watch?v=z9172Bf_0po
this is really bugging me now! X
- Joebot Kill
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1558
- Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
- Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
- Contact:
hGc wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=NHhV_OG6Rjk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BQexDFNA9Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yeGBAXyvNA
that first one is TOTALLY the Final Fantasy theme song!!
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
Here's a whole youtube batch. Some are good, some aren't:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rJPek5D3L8A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QBRaguhSLoY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ASoGsYUnb0o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R3O3Tf5DttU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B8TAw1M00qI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=06QUlCC0TmE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1FTjFe1gD8M
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dmPycnTyFEg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=diBYxACJ6rU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4UTPMGbeE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xn-3GsJkT5I
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j7DPNQdCuYw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PbIxYspP4WI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eKmlj26ltek
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AX17zsHnI-M
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFDtVmWe-4Q
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rJPek5D3L8A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QBRaguhSLoY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ASoGsYUnb0o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R3O3Tf5DttU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B8TAw1M00qI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=06QUlCC0TmE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1FTjFe1gD8M
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dmPycnTyFEg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=diBYxACJ6rU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4UTPMGbeE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xn-3GsJkT5I
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j7DPNQdCuYw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PbIxYspP4WI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eKmlj26ltek
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AX17zsHnI-M
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFDtVmWe-4Q
- Synthetrix
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 300
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:58 am
- Location: Los Angeles
- Contact:
A couple of my favorites are the famous Screen Gems "S From Hell" logo. I nver found this to be scary as so many people claim, just a beautiful synthy sound. I also love the original Rankin & Bass logo as seen at the end of Frosty The Snowman and Rudolph The Red-Nosed Raindeer. These both can be found on YouTube in many incarnations.
- mechanismj
- Nova Scotia Robot
- Posts: 5157
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
- Contact:
The Thames, HBO, and LBS logos nearly drown me in nostalgia.
Here's another classic that can be seen at the opening of George Romero's Day Of The Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6GPpez9 ... er&search=
Oddly enough it almost sets the tone for the movie on the old VHS copies. I hear that's the reason they put it on the DVD release, too.
Here's another classic that can be seen at the opening of George Romero's Day Of The Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6GPpez9 ... er&search=
Oddly enough it almost sets the tone for the movie on the old VHS copies. I hear that's the reason they put it on the DVD release, too.
Twoism-ist wrote:A few that I just uploaded for the hell of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfHln0zrnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgAI9SrYIKA
EDIT: I just found one of my favorites from United Learning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0lvRxfGCK8
these are brilliant. thanks for the links.
this one was a regular when i was little...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CmQAhP7shE
watery, unclassifiable electronic tones. very Boc![/url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CmQAhP7shE
watery, unclassifiable electronic tones. very Boc![/url]
- dave_from_2001
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 738
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:19 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLPhhu7e ... re=related
I used to freak out if this appeared.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7TU94w1 ... re=related
epic!
I used to freak out if this appeared.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7TU94w1 ... re=related
epic!
