Dayvan Cowboy
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
how good is this song? seriously. i suppose at the time of release i always seemed to disregard it...for whatever known reason. the textures leading up to the main part of the song are so inspiring...there are so many things faintly immersed in the sound. deep in the mix i'm sure there lies some male vocals which ever so faintly appear before subsiding into the sounds again...
yeah...inspiring!
yeah...inspiring!
On my holidays this year, driving around the (incredibly beautiful and luckily sunny) Yorkshire dales, I played TCH and especially Dayvan Cowboy, to death, to the point where my two year old son recognises it instantly (I have all Bob Dylan's and Simon and Garfunkel songs imprinted on my brain from car journeys as a kid).
It never fails to lift my mood. I still think it's their best, although I don't tend to distinguish between BOC songs within albums - one of their strengths is maintaining such a consistent (and each time different) mood across each album.
I completely get the posts made recently about folks' reappreciation (is that a word?) of TCH.
The first BOC album I bought was Geogaddi, by the way.
It never fails to lift my mood. I still think it's their best, although I don't tend to distinguish between BOC songs within albums - one of their strengths is maintaining such a consistent (and each time different) mood across each album.
I completely get the posts made recently about folks' reappreciation (is that a word?) of TCH.
The first BOC album I bought was Geogaddi, by the way.
ninetyoneplus wrote:I always try to sync that awesome "opening" moment w/ the guitars on the track up with whatever I am doing...about to hit a downhill on my bike, coming to a great view while driving, walking down to the beach. It's pretty hard but if you get it right it is amazing.
Done this, taking off in a plane. Trying to time it with the breaking of the clouds, was awesome.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
- Stickyfingers72
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:15 pm
The crystal clean guitar coming in in the second part is one of those brilliant simple moments of clarity that always makes me smile, and then the unrestrained joy of the crashing cymbals when they come in is one of BoCs few genuine rock-out moments. It's a great track.
The guitar by the way always reminded me a bit of The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
The guitar by the way always reminded me a bit of The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
- Stickyfingers72
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:15 pm
MrMessiah wrote:The crystal clean guitar coming in in the second part is one of those brilliant simple moments of clarity that always makes me smile, and then the unrestrained joy of the crashing cymbals when they come in is one of BoCs few genuine rock-out moments. It's a great track.
The guitar by the way always reminded me a bit of The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
Yes to the lush guitar slide chords.
Yes on the rock out moments with crashing symbols, makes me want to don a pair of black tights and do dramatic dance to it.
Thanks everyone for making me listen to this song again. I feel alive 
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
- Stickyfingers72
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:15 pm