Dayvan Cowboy

Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun

User avatar
portiss
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:36 am

Dayvan Cowboy

Post by portiss »

I know most of you guys probably don't like this song as much as a lot of other boards of canada songs, but I just totally fell in love with it again. After like 3 months of not listening to it, I just listened to it and holy shit, I couldn't stop a few tears, I actually cried, something I haven't done in like 5 years.

Man this is good!
Respect to the man in the ice cream van
User avatar
s7409651
Sherbet Head
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Contact:

Post by s7409651 »

It's awesome. The production and layering in this track is so perfectly crafted.. it's one of the most upbeat, affirming and simply radiant tracks on TCH or any album. It's also a great entry point into BoC.. I've hooked quite a few people with this track as an intro. But beyond that, what you say is right - there is so much here to enjoy
User avatar
portiss
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:36 am

Post by portiss »

True, your completely right. The layering is perfect, it just fits so well or something. To me it sounds like the most perfect track made when it comes to layering.

Sidenote; I am really hungover at the moment, and I notice I am falling in love with every song I listen to from BoC at the moment. Boc just suits this moment so well, for some weird reason.
Respect to the man in the ice cream van
User avatar
saurus
Sherbet Head
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by saurus »

It's my favourite song of theirs, fuck the haters
User avatar
nick47
Sherbet Head
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 6:53 pm
Location: Colorado

Post by nick47 »

Im pretty sure after I head the remix of becks broken drum, I listened to DC and the rest is history
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"
User avatar
Numerator
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:02 am
Location: england

Post by Numerator »

saurus wrote:It's my favourite song of theirs, fuck the haters


this ^^
Image
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.
User avatar
Spenner
Sherbet Head
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by Spenner »

I have favourite songs that fit certain moods, this is one of them :D
User avatar
mondo swooper70
Eagle Minded
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:16 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Post by mondo swooper70 »

nick47 wrote:Im pretty sure after I head the remix of becks broken drum, I listened to DC and the rest is history
no way thats exactly how i got into them!! great remix and great track. just cause its a single it gets a little hate but its damn good
Image
User avatar
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK

Post by Mexicola »

It's a fantastic song, truly wonderful. Always reminds me of happy times just after TCH came out. This was the first track to hit home and it's still fantastic.
Image

Slow down...
User avatar
Julian Candy
Sherbet Head
Posts: 804
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: Area 51?

Post by Julian Candy »

The first songs I heard from BoC were Constants are changing, Chromakey Dreamcoat, Hey Saturday Sun, and dayvan cowboy(Thanks [as]), at the time DC was my favorite but when I started getting into Geogaddi, MHTRTC, and the old tunes, I slowly stopped listening to TCH. But every time I do listen to TCH, it makes me wonder why I don't listen to it that often, I think DC would be my favorite on that album.
Image
User avatar
Mexicola
Telepath
Posts: 8882
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Dorset, UK

Post by Mexicola »

^^^ It's up there, for sure. I think Slow This Bird Down just tops it for me, but it's close..
Image

Slow down...
Shut That Bird Up
Friendly Stranger
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Shut That Bird Up »

The guitars just sound amazing on this track .
User avatar
nick47
Sherbet Head
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 6:53 pm
Location: Colorado

Post by nick47 »

mondo swooper70 wrote:
nick47 wrote:Im pretty sure after I head the remix of becks broken drum, I listened to DC and the rest is history
no way thats exactly how i got into them!! great remix and great track. just cause its a single it gets a little hate but its damn good


Haha im glad to find a fellow Beck fan
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"
User avatar
saurus
Sherbet Head
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by saurus »

nick47 wrote:
mondo swooper70 wrote:
nick47 wrote:Im pretty sure after I head the remix of becks broken drum, I listened to DC and the rest is history
no way thats exactly how i got into them!! great remix and great track. just cause its a single it gets a little hate but its damn good


Haha im glad to find a fellow Beck fan


Mate I'm a HUUUUGE fan of Beck (:(:(:
User avatar
nick47
Sherbet Head
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 6:53 pm
Location: Colorado

Post by nick47 »

Yayyyyyy beck fans unite!!!!!!!!

Some new music should be coming our way from him as well. He said it should have dropped at the end of summer....
Whats your favorite album (since picking a favorite song is impossible)?



Sorry for hijacking this thread
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"
User avatar
dp
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 am
Location: pen expers
Contact:

Post by dp »

Love those crashing cymbals. fucking epic. one of my favorite songs of all time.
Image
User avatar
Stry Craty Bya
Eagle Minded
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:15 am

Post by Stry Craty Bya »

Dayvan Cowboy is a great. I also just remembered the track 'Breaking Nehushtan' existed.
User avatar
23degreesdream
Eagle Minded
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by 23degreesdream »

You know that bit after the intro build up, about 2 minutes in, when the strum of the guitar kicks in?

This is the best single moment in any track ever recorded. Fact.
User avatar
s7409651
Sherbet Head
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Contact:

Post by s7409651 »

23degreesdream wrote:You know that bit after the intro build up, about 2 minutes in, when the strum of the guitar kicks in?

This is the best single moment in any track ever recorded. Fact.
That, and the cymbal crashes. Eargasm!
User avatar
ninetyoneplus
Sherbet Head
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:09 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Post by ninetyoneplus »

I always try to sync that awesome "opening" moment w/ the guitars on the track up with whatever I am doing...about to hit a downhill on my bike, coming to a great view while driving, walking down to the beach. It's pretty hard but if you get it right it is amazing.
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>
Post a reply