Songs you currently consider fresh

Moderator: Aesthetics

User avatar
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seeya_Later »

Rodheh wrote:Everything You Do is A Balloon has, for whatever reason, never stopped sounding "fresh" to me.

That is not to say I haven't gotten a little tired of it, but "fresh" is the term I would use to describe the melodies of that song.


Yeah, there definitely are some old timeless tracks I would consider fresh.

This track is a few years old but it still sounds fresh to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAQWpTIjusY
overflow
User avatar
The Friendly Stranger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by The Friendly Stranger »

Seeya_Later wrote:
Rodheh wrote:Everything You Do is A Balloon has, for whatever reason, never stopped sounding "fresh" to me.

That is not to say I haven't gotten a little tired of it, but "fresh" is the term I would use to describe the melodies of that song.


Yeah, there definitely are some old timeless tracks I would consider fresh.

This track is a few years old but it still sounds fresh to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAQWpTIjusY


Poor Laika :(
User avatar
The Friendly Stranger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by The Friendly Stranger »

mechanismj wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVqESo4mFMs


Genius. I thought they'd lost the plot until the chorus kicked in and then it all made sense...
User avatar
The Friendly Stranger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by The Friendly Stranger »

User avatar
Stry Craty Bya
Eagle Minded
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:15 am

Post by Stry Craty Bya »

User avatar
pointlessdude
Eagle Minded
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:55 pm
Location: Madrid

Post by pointlessdude »

I think this is quite fresh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICE7kFwmNdk
User avatar
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seeya_Later »

Oh wow... good stuff people.
overflow
User avatar
Cupz
High Scorer
Posts: 10670
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Cupz »

Throw away your smartphone.
User avatar
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seeya_Later »

Siriusmo, never heard of them, thanks!
overflow
User avatar
polar sky
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Post by polar sky »

'Elitsa' by Tosca such a fantastic track...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DuORQd7Dc8

'Besides' by Gui Boratto Nice happy track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFt1Wp6vBiw

'Azzurra' by Gui Boratto kinda of Kraftwerk sounding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdZqxHmXlg
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

ceo - come with me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T74frXBpgk

stuck in my head
User avatar
The Friendly Stranger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by The Friendly Stranger »

Not new but if this doesn't define 'fresh' then there's no such thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51woRxHMyrk
whitewater
New Seed
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:55 am

Post by whitewater »

Siriusmo is an excellent choice!

One of my favorites of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tfyBeGRh4

Also...


SebastiAn - Kindercut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jj6iWhCUHg

Salva - Blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1aijVeAJWs

Panda Bear - Drone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT6UtA7fkkE


And finally... not brand new but definitely fresh...

Dorian Concept - Trilingual Dance Sexperience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrViuNMko3s
Our goal is to discover that we have always been where we ought to be. Unhappily we make the task exceedingly difficult for ourselves.

- Aldous Huxley
User avatar
Cupz
High Scorer
Posts: 10670
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Cupz »

whitewater wrote:
Dorian Concept - Trilingual Dance Sexperience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrViuNMko3s


I thought about posting that one. Killer track.
Throw away your smartphone.
User avatar
adelinyenmah
Posts Quantity
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by adelinyenmah »

The Friendly Stranger wrote:Not new but if this doesn't define 'fresh' then there's no such thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51woRxHMyrk


So. Fucking. Good. I could jam out to this all day.
User avatar
Fredd-E
Drone Operator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am
Contact:

Post by Fredd-E »

isawdrones wrote:mark fell, multistability:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_TLmFfb9JQ

this came out almost a year ago. hes released a couple albums since this one but I think it's the most enduring so far.
great sound design! love the tinkering in this one!
User avatar
Evrox
Posts Quantity
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Evrox »

2020k wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABzh6hTYpb8&ob=av3e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPxTKR7A70


I've got to thank you for that second link! Listened to some other stuff from them as well, amazingly good music!
Last edited by Evrox on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

is this thread irrelevant due to the "now playing" thread? Perhaps not, but i am struggling to find "fresh" sounds. i seem to be sticking with what i am comfortable with. Every artist under the genre's I like always come across fresh.
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
Lens Larque
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 am

Post by Lens Larque »

I'm left wondering what genres are left to be exploited by electronic disco dance music producers.
Post a reply