Page 4 of 5
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:18 am
by bearhead
pianoforte wrote:I would suggest simply purchasing both on Amazon. One can get excellent/cheap prices when purchasing used, especially with relatively obscure material like this.
On another note: I am in touch with the person who made the How To Sleep On Floors compilation; I might be able to snag myself an original VHS copy if I'm lucky. If I can, somehow, I will convert it to a digital format and upload the file here... that would be better than ripping my current 320x240 poorly-burned DVD.
Ebay would probably be a better bet. Or Discogs. That's where I've been getting all my vinyl. I bought a sealed CD copy of Bibio's "Fi" album for $5.
How did you manage to get in contact with these guys?
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:02 pm
by pianoforte
bearhead wrote:How did you manage to get in contact with these guys?
A bit of detective work on YouTube.
CUE: theme to
The Pink Panther...
The comp's original putter-together-person left a comment on an excerpt (the duster bit) which someone else had put onto YouTube; this comment said something to the effect of, "I can't believe it was more than ten years ago that I originally made this!"
I simply sent him a direct message with my email address, asking him to contact me. He did, and now we are in the midst of an exchange.
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:13 pm
by pianoforte
pianoforte wrote:bearhead wrote:How did you manage to get in contact with these guys?
A bit of detective work on YouTube.
CUE: theme to
The Pink Panther...

The comp's original putter-together-person left a comment on an excerpt (the duster bit) which someone else had put onto YouTube; this comment said something to the effect of, "I can't believe it was more than ten years ago that I originally made this!"
I simply sent him a direct message with my email address, asking him to contact me. He did, and now we are in the midst of an exchange.
We dropped out of contact for a short while, but now I'm "back on the case" - now I've offered to make an archival-quality digital transfer for him if he will send me a proper VHS copy of the compilation.
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:16 pm
by bearhead
pianoforte wrote:pianoforte wrote:bearhead wrote:How did you manage to get in contact with these guys?
A bit of detective work on YouTube.
CUE: theme to
The Pink Panther...

The comp's original putter-together-person left a comment on an excerpt (the duster bit) which someone else had put onto YouTube; this comment said something to the effect of, "I can't believe it was more than ten years ago that I originally made this!"
I simply sent him a direct message with my email address, asking him to contact me. He did, and now we are in the midst of an exchange.
We dropped out of contact for a short while, but now I'm "back on the case" - now I've offered to make an archival-quality digital transfer for him if he will send me a proper VHS copy of the compilation.
Oh, shit.

Do you think when you get it, you could shoot me a .mp4? It doesn't have to be super high quality.
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:49 pm
by pianoforte
bearhead wrote:pianoforte wrote:pianoforte wrote:bearhead wrote:How did you manage to get in contact with these guys?
A bit of detective work on YouTube.
CUE: theme to
The Pink Panther...

The comp's original putter-together-person left a comment on an excerpt (the duster bit) which someone else had put onto YouTube; this comment said something to the effect of, "I can't believe it was more than ten years ago that I originally made this!"
I simply sent him a direct message with my email address, asking him to contact me. He did, and now we are in the midst of an exchange.
We dropped out of contact for a short while, but now I'm "back on the case" - now I've offered to make an archival-quality digital transfer for him if he will send me a proper VHS copy of the compilation.
Oh, shit.

Do you think when you get it, you could shoot me a .mp4? It doesn't have to be super high quality.
Absolutely! I was planning to anyway - you didn't even have to ask!

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:52 pm
by bearhead
By the way, I'm uploading those Biologia Marina tracks. Expect them somewhere between 1-3 hours.
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:47 am
by pianoforte
bearhead wrote:By the way, I'm uploading those Biologia Marina tracks. Expect them somewhere between 1-3 hours.
Awwwww, thanks

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:58 am
by bearhead
pianoforte wrote:bearhead wrote:By the way, I'm uploading those Biologia Marina tracks. Expect them somewhere between 1-3 hours.
Awwwww, thanks

Not a problem at all.
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:24 pm
by bearhead
So you know those Duster rarities that you sent me the download for?
The track that starts at the end of "Untitled (61)" is actually Helvetia's "Hybrid Moments" pitched down a bit. If you haven't, I really recommend you check out Helvetia's Gladness compilation. It's like 30+ unreleased/demo tracks from 2001-2006.
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 pm
by pianoforte
bearhead wrote:So you know those Duster rarities that you sent me the download for?
The track that starts at the end of "Untitled (61)" is actually Helvetia's "Hybrid Moments" pitched down a bit. If you haven't, I really recommend you check out Helvetia's Gladness compilation. It's like 30+ unreleased/demo tracks from 2001-2006.
Wow - I didn't know about the "Hybrid Moments" tidbit!
Any ideas where I might track down a copy of "Gladness"?
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:33 am
by bearhead
It's on Spotify. All the Helvetia albums are.
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:50 am
by pianoforte
Have you heard the Duster side-project Valium Aggelein? Really spacey and beautiful material.
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:03 am
by bearhead
pianoforte wrote:Have you heard the Duster side-project Valium Aggelein? Really spacey and beautiful material.
I have not. Mind sharing a link?

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:50 pm
by pianoforte
bearhead wrote:Mind sharing a link?

Not in the slightest!
I have not checked the downloads located at each of these links; one or the other may be of greater or lesser bitrate, so I recommend downloading them both and keeping the higher-quality version. Bleejlkafsdjkl, if only everyone used FLAC... but I digress.
http://rotfaster.blogspot.com/2011/11/v ... t-der.html
http://theworldisfullofnoise.blogspot.c ... elein.html
and here is a nice little write-up on the band:
http://www.emusic.com/music-news/spotli ... -aggelein/

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:02 pm
by bearhead
Thanks man. I'm going to check this out later today when I get back.
By the way, check your inbox when you've got a chance. I sent you a song.
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:34 pm
by pianoforte
bearhead wrote:Thanks man. I'm going to check this out later today when I get back.
Any time!

bearhead wrote:By the way, check your inbox when you've got a chance. I sent you a song.
Reply sent.
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:55 pm
by bearhead
I listened to that album last night...
WOW.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:11 pm
by pianoforte
bearhead wrote:I listened to that album last night...
WOW.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:57 am
by bearhead
pianoforte wrote:bearhead wrote:I listened to that album last night...
WOW.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

As big of a Duster fan as I am, I'm surprised I hadn't heard about that project. Thanks for the heads up. It's a great record.
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:55 pm
by pianoforte
Just received a VERY interesting email.
a live set on KSCU from like '98 or '99. Mostly stuff off of Stratoshere but some other gems as well. I used to have a tape of it but lost it somewhere along the way. I got this from Clay.
Here's some more info on the KSCU recording. I remember the DJ for the show was called 'Mr. Monchichi' I kinda wish the banter in between songs was left on the download but I'll take what I can get.
1997 - On The Air - Live @ KSCU
01-Heading For The Door
02-I Am The King
03-My Friends Are Cosmonauts
04-Untitled
05-Inside Out
06-Gold Dust
07-Reed To Hillsborough
08-Stars Will Fall
Time: 00:41:20
I'll post it here once I get permission to share it from the guy that sent it to me.
