Page 5 of 7

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:03 pm
by dave_from_2001
ninetyoneplus wrote:That's awesome (I had to wikipedia some stuff to figure out what you were talking about)

I'm gonna be in Tongass in two weeks, any advice about that?


deet! camera! water! extra socks! waterproof poncho! go!

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:33 am
by ninetyoneplus
dave_from_2001 wrote:
ninetyoneplus wrote:That's awesome (I had to wikipedia some stuff to figure out what you were talking about)

I'm gonna be in Tongass in two weeks, any advice about that?


deet! camera! water! extra socks! waterproof poncho! go!


Haha, will do. im doing sea kayaking for a month with NOLS, so i hope they provide what you mentioned. thanks.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:22 am
by zeitgeist
BUMP

it's fall! a great storm came through yesterday, so i went out to get some shots of the changing leaves. was the perfect day for colors, at least at around 11,000 feet. not so much at the lower elevations yet. even snowed for a bit! anybody else seeing some good colors?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 am
by turquoise70
I just went biking. Leaves-on-the-ground-smell is one of the best smells there is.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:16 am
by bleak.
incredible photographs zeitgeist, looks like an incredibly idyllic location!

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:41 pm
by zeitgeist
thanks bleak! seriously though, nobody else has a camera/fall colors right now? has this sort of thing stopped being entertaining to everybody? :(

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 pm
by Mexicola
These are beautiful photos man!! :D

Autumn is well and truly here in England. Too busy digging over the vegetable patch to take snaps yet though. I've gone proper middle-aged and am about to order a greenhouse. Of course, 'other' things also grow in greenhouses.... :twisted:

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:31 pm
by bleak.
such a beautiful autumn day in wales today, shame to be stuck inside working :( day off tomorrow so off to capture some images with my new camera :)

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:21 am
by Soulthriller
Those are incredible pictures! I would put some up but the colours are only starting to come in around my parts. Hopefully soon the landscape will become a bit more surreal.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:02 am
by zeitgeist
whew! *relief*. yea i guess it works the opposite as wildflowers, apologies. leaves turn as it gets colder, (not wildflowers->warmer) so of course it would've been turning way up the mountain. duh, me. well, keep me posted guys, this is my favorite season!

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:34 pm
by Vexille
zeitgeist wrote:thanks bleak! seriously though, nobody else has a camera/fall colors right now? has this sort of thing stopped being entertaining to everybody? :(
Next time I head up to the blue ridge parkway (in NC outside Boone) I'll get a buncha pics. Hopefully I'll make it before the leaves fall. I was up there this past weekend and it was absolutely stunning. Endless hills/mountains of orange/yellow/brown with some green specks from evergreens.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:16 pm
by polar sky
Image

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:01 pm
by 747Music
polar sky wrote:Image


lol, nice.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:02 pm
by bleak.
the deep autumn colours haven't fully arrived here in the aeron valley, but the leaves are sure changing their colours slowly...

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:42 pm
by A_Northern_Soul
Mexicola wrote:These are beautiful photos man!! :D

Autumn is well and truly here in England. Too busy digging over the vegetable patch to take snaps yet though. I've gone proper middle-aged and am about to order a greenhouse. Of course, 'other' things also grow in greenhouses.... :twisted:


No shame in that - I've been coveting an allotment recently and wondering whether it's possible to grow potatoes on a windy 4th floor balcony.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:14 pm
by Mexicola
A_Northern_Soul wrote:...wondering whether it's possible to grow potatoes on a windy 4th floor balcony.


Should be fine! Spuds don't need much room, just depth of soil. You can even just get a grow bag, stand it on end and shove some spuds in the top and leave it be. Warning though, the plants grow super-fast.

This year we grew carrots, runner beans, cabbages, courgettes, cayenne peppers (totally awesome!), kos lettuce and various herbs. We also have a plum tree which we've abused to make some glorious plum vodka, plum jam, chutney, etc.

All I need now are some chickens and a pig and my life as a suburban crofter can take off...

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:03 pm
by fujee
Beautiful photos, Autumn in England means one thing, Rain, but i quite like rain so its not so bad, im surrounded by rolling hills where I am for University, so tempting just to go out and walk around in them for ages.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:06 am
by 747Music
I live right beside the Ottawa River. So I can see the rolling mountains in Quebec all the time. Right now they are painted with reds, yellows, browns, and a bit of greens. Absolutely stunning stuff. I love Autumn.

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:41 pm
by s7409651
Spent a weekend in the Cedarberg mountians (3 hours from my home) in South Africa.
The girl is one of my best friends, the car is a farm vehicle we borrowed that appears to have been home-made, and the kids and dog belong to the people we stayed with. The farm was breathtaking, in the middle of nowhere - with orange and pear groves against some of the most ancient and dramatic mountains and waterfalls.

This is how I want to live!

Image
Image

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:44 pm
by Mexicola
^^^WOW!^^^

:shock: :shock: