Page 1 of 1

A tiny bit of BOC(ish) sound design

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:25 pm
by Shut That Bird Up
Here is a very short synth sting that I did in a BOC type style .

http://www.wikiupload.com/UTyh1cyq

At the moment it is missing compression and resampling at a lower bit rate (using old hardware samplers of course), and either a cheap 80's reverb or a bit of tape delay . But I think you guys will get it .

If anybody is interested in how I did it , please let me know and I will give you a quick walkthrough .

Let me know what you think......

BTW this is not a total sound alike mp3, as I deliberately avoided using some of their signature sounds.

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:50 pm
by 747Music
It sure has a nice sound to it. Now go make a song using it.

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:09 pm
by Shut That Bird Up
747Music wrote:It sure has a nice sound to it. Now go make a song using it.



Thanks 747Music .

I don't actually have any time to make full tracks at the moment though , but I would probably be up for tinkering with the sound a bit more to make it more like Boards of Canada .

Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:38 pm
by nsputnik
The file is not there anymore :(

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:07 am
by Bryan
Not there for me either. Would love to hear what you created and also read your explanation of your process - its always beneficial to work through other people's thought processes for new ideas and inspiration!

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:43 pm
by Shut That Bird Up
It should be there again now :-

http://www.wikiupload.com/KeIGQOcB