casino versus japan NEW Album
Moderator: Aesthetics
- Synthetrix
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 300
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:58 am
- Location: Los Angeles
- Contact:
- turquoise70
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 4901
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
- Location: the system
- Contact:
Pondmuk wrote:turquoise70 wrote:JUST RECEIVED THIS IN THE MAIL. WILL BE PLAYING THIS IN THE DARK, AS PRESCRIBED BY THE STICKER ON THE CD CASE WRAPPING.
OH MY GOD SOMEBODY SAVE ME BEFORE MY EYEBALLS FALL OUT OF MY HEAD.
Is it gewd? I was thinking about ordering it, but the attacknine site is down until tomorrow.
It's great! The main thing I would say is, don't be looking for a major step forward in CvsJ's sound, this is old stuff, and although it sounds great, it's not as ...uhhh... developed? polished, maybe? as Whole Numbers or anything like that. If you love CvsJ this is a necessary addition to your collection, but it's not like a facemelting surprise.
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
turquoise70 wrote:Pondmuk wrote:turquoise70 wrote:JUST RECEIVED THIS IN THE MAIL. WILL BE PLAYING THIS IN THE DARK, AS PRESCRIBED BY THE STICKER ON THE CD CASE WRAPPING.
OH MY GOD SOMEBODY SAVE ME BEFORE MY EYEBALLS FALL OUT OF MY HEAD.
Is it gewd? I was thinking about ordering it, but the attacknine site is down until tomorrow.
It's great! The main thing I would say is, don't be looking for a major step forward in CvsJ's sound, this is old stuff, and although it sounds great, it's not as ...uhhh... developed? polished, maybe? as Whole Numbers or anything like that. If you love CvsJ this is a necessary addition to your collection, but it's not like a facemelting surprise.
Cool. I'll definitely get it then. Also, I have three CvsJ tracks from his old website that were made available to download for free (Soulrobots, Untitled, and Villea.) I was wondering if it would be kosher if I shared them with you all if you don't happen to have them already?
- Joebot Kill
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1558
- Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
- Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
- Contact:
goddamn wheres the vinyl?????????????
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
- Retrodreaming
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1162
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:31 pm
- Location: Norfolk
-
Mindshifter
- Boqurant
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:55 am
rolypablo wrote:Never heard of him before this thread... listening to Go Hawaii now. Sounding excellent I have to say.
Is this his best album?
I think it's definately his most focused album. Whole Numbers is, in my humle opinion, just some generic, unoriginal space ambient.
PS: this pitchfork review always makes me laugh: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/133 ... he-basics/
Last edited by Mindshifter on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
- turquoise70
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 4901
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
- Location: the system
- Contact:
Mindshifter wrote:rolypablo wrote:Never heard of him before this thread... listening to Go Hawaii now. Sounding excellent I have to say.
Is this his best album?
I think it's definately his most focused album. Whole Numbers is, in my humle opinion, just some generic, unoriginal space ambient.
PS: this pitchfork review always makes me laugh: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/133 ... he-basics/
Wow. Hipster venom. I wonder if that review got him laid or something.
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
- Joebot Kill
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1558
- Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
- Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
- Contact:
turquoise70 wrote:Mindshifter wrote:rolypablo wrote:Never heard of him before this thread... listening to Go Hawaii now. Sounding excellent I have to say.
Is this his best album?
I think it's definately his most focused album. Whole Numbers is, in my humle opinion, just some generic, unoriginal space ambient.
PS: this pitchfork review always makes me laugh: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/133 ... he-basics/
Wow. Hipster venom. I wonder if that review got him laid or something.
"But what's more baffling is the fact that many people will hear this albums and enjoy it."
ignorant statement. also typo. haha!
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
- Joebot Kill
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1558
- Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am
- Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
- Contact:
http://attacknine.com/?fuseaction=item_ ... _cat_id=14
hot!!!
1pm pacific time is what time in eastern time? five? any east coasters know?
i wonder how much this is going to cost...
hot!!!
1pm pacific time is what time in eastern time? five? any east coasters know?
i wonder how much this is going to cost...
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
http://www.futureforestdesign.net
MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net
Mindshifter wrote:rolypablo wrote:Never heard of him before this thread... listening to Go Hawaii now. Sounding excellent I have to say.
Is this his best album?
I think it's definately his most focused album. Whole Numbers is, in my humle opinion, just some generic, unoriginal space ambient.
PS: this pitchfork review always makes me laugh: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/133 ... he-basics/
pitchfork reviews always make me laugh
- Retrodreaming
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1162
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:31 pm
- Location: Norfolk
- turquoise70
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 4901
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
- Location: the system
- Contact:
