Deerhunter

Moderator: Aesthetics

Post a reply
User avatar
rolypablo
Sherbet Head
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Deerhunter

Post by rolypablo »

Anyone like them?

I've just started listening to them after getting their most recent album, Halcyon Digest. I now have Microcastle and Weird Era Cont.

Great stuff.

Just did a search to see if they are going to come to Scotland, they're not! But they are doing a tour just now and have some pretty impressive support acts, such as:

!!!, Beach House, Foals, Holy F***, Ladyhawke, Yeasayer and Casino Vs Japan!
User avatar
winterbudds
Friendly Stranger
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by winterbudds »

Yes, just saw them here in L.A. with Casino Vs Japan...Great Show...just wish CVJ had a longer set.
User avatar
Elephant Face
Eagle Minded
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 am
Location: Texas

Post by Elephant Face »

I absolutely love Deerhunter/Atlas Sound. They're in my top ten. Bradford Cox has a massive creative output, mining his blog is very rewarding, TONS of free music there: http://deerhuntertheband.blogspot.com

Also check out Lockett Pundt's Lotus Plaza, very dreamy stuff, definitely worth your time. I saw Atlas Sound at Fun Fun Fun Fest 2009, Deerhunter at FFFF this year, and I plan on seeing Atlas Sound at Psych Fest next year. Cox is extremely talented, and loves what he does, his music conveys that.
User avatar
kidfortoday70
Boqurant
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:38 am
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Contact:

Re: Deerhunter

Post by kidfortoday70 »

rolypablo wrote:Anyone like them?

I've just started listening to them after getting their most recent album, Halcyon Digest. I now have Microcastle and Weird Era Cont.

Great stuff.

Just did a search to see if they are going to come to Scotland, they're not! But they are doing a tour just now and have some pretty impressive support acts, such as:

!!!, Beach House, Foals, Holy F***, Ladyhawke, Yeasayer and Casino Vs Japan!


Deerhunter is good stuff my friend
User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »

winterbudds wrote:Yes, just saw them here in L.A. with Casino Vs Japan...Great Show...just wish CVJ had a longer set.


Oh man! you saw CVJ live?? I'm so jealous!
Post a reply