ehhh... funerals
Moderator: Aesthetics
- turquoise70
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 4901
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
- Location: the system
- Contact:
heresy i know, but when consciously listening to farewell fire the first few times, i realized there was a possibility of depth of feeling that profound, but that if i tried to tap into it it didn't really work for me. the song just wasn't doing enough to make me feel it that deeply. it felt hooky. cheezy. it's a pretty song but it doesn't make me feel much.
as for my funeral - Vnsares - Die Die Die Winnipeg Die Fuckers Die
as for my funeral - Vnsares - Die Die Die Winnipeg Die Fuckers Die
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
- Earthbound
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 866
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:54 pm
- Location: Gold A
- Contact:
- playbyletters
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 410
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 3:00 pm
- (parenthesis)
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 679
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:56 pm
- Contact:
(parenthesis) wrote:Grantz Graf
Seconded.
My music - http://www.soundcloud.com/lawrenke
Music I like - http://www.last.fm/user/KingLawrence
Me - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/lawrenke
Music I like - http://www.last.fm/user/KingLawrence
Me - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/lawrenke
- observation
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 205
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:50 am
- Location: Scotland
My funeral's gonna be great... Free Money by Patti Smith, Jesus Built My Hotrod by Ministry, Dancing Queen by ABBA, Born Slippy by Underworld, Danny's Song by PFM, Another Girl Another Planet by The Only Ones... and that's before the party begins... I also want a motorbike display team and plenty of FMX stunts. Although hopefully by the time I die we'll all be experimenting with eternal life and stuff.
Oh and good call, Mr/Mrs Guest - SPK were amazing.
Oh and good call, Mr/Mrs Guest - SPK were amazing.
Don't want to be chucked in a box and left to rot. Give me a nice fire at the end of my days. I'd like to burn to Bocuma.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/
- mucephei
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm
- Location: Down at the County Co-operative Extension Service
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I've been thinking about this a lot, probably because I'm now in my 40s and nearing the point (if I'm not already past it) of my half-life. It wouldn't be a total BOC-fest at my funeral but I'm giving serious thought to the following:
Zoetrope
and then, when the pallbearers are taking my body away for the final interment:
Poppy Seed (Reprise)
Before either of those the mourners will have to endure my taste in music one last time so they'll have to sit through a piece of jazz of my choosing, likely to be "Teru" by Wayne Shorter (from his album "Adam's Apple" on Blue Note) which even though I don't think it will scare any horses, could be "interesting" to some.
Zoetrope
and then, when the pallbearers are taking my body away for the final interment:
Poppy Seed (Reprise)
Before either of those the mourners will have to endure my taste in music one last time so they'll have to sit through a piece of jazz of my choosing, likely to be "Teru" by Wayne Shorter (from his album "Adam's Apple" on Blue Note) which even though I don't think it will scare any horses, could be "interesting" to some.
Non BoC - Acknowledgement by John Coltrane
--
BoC song - maybe a weird choice but Kid for Today? that or Echus - so beautifully peaceful.
I've said it many times before, i don't want people to be drab and down, i want it to be a celebration of life and everyone who has made me love it so.
--
BoC song - maybe a weird choice but Kid for Today? that or Echus - so beautifully peaceful.
I've said it many times before, i don't want people to be drab and down, i want it to be a celebration of life and everyone who has made me love it so.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
- The Friendly Stranger
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm
No Boards of Canada for me, although "Poppy Seed (reprise)" would be quite good...
My choices would probably be "Nanou2" or "Stone in Focus" by Aphex Twin.
My choices would probably be "Nanou2" or "Stone in Focus" by Aphex Twin.
A writer and musician with too much free time on her hands.
My Last.FM profile
Analogue and Digital: A (now-retired) webcomic about electronic music
My Last.FM profile
Analogue and Digital: A (now-retired) webcomic about electronic music
- pointlessdude
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 282
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:55 pm
- Location: Madrid

