ehhh... funerals

Moderator: Aesthetics

User avatar
dp
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 am
Location: pen expers
Contact:

Post by dp »

"Tommib" by Squarepusher on a continuous loop.

as for BoC, i agree that "Farewell Fire" is just eternally sad. and beautiful.
Image
User avatar
turquoise70
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4901
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am
Location: the system
Contact:

Post by turquoise70 »

heresy i know, but when consciously listening to farewell fire the first few times, i realized there was a possibility of depth of feeling that profound, but that if i tried to tap into it it didn't really work for me. the song just wasn't doing enough to make me feel it that deeply. it felt hooky. cheezy. it's a pretty song but it doesn't make me feel much.

as for my funeral - Vnsares - Die Die Die Winnipeg Die Fuckers Die
"grand mistress of the grace note freedledeedee melodies" - Cupz, 2026
User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »

BoC - 1986 Summer Fire
User avatar
Earthbound
Sherbet Head
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: Gold A
Contact:

Post by Earthbound »

747Music wrote:BoC - 1986 Summer Fire


Yeah! Said it before. All with you on that one!
User avatar
playbyletters
Eagle Minded
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by playbyletters »

have anyone heard CiM - Close?
that's as sad as you can get. wow.

:(
WOOP WOOP IT'S THE SOUND OF THE AGEISPOLIS
User avatar
(parenthesis)
Sherbet Head
Posts: 679
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:56 pm
Contact:

Post by (parenthesis) »

Grantz Graf
No, I won't. Please go away. I don't like you.
User avatar
lawrenke
Posts Quantity
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: Ipswich, England

Post by lawrenke »

(parenthesis) wrote:Grantz Graf


Seconded.
User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »

Earthbound wrote:
747Music wrote:BoC - 1986 Summer Fire


Yeah! Said it before. All with you on that one!


Yeah, and it just so happens that I was born in the summer of 1986.
User avatar
observation
Posts Quantity
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:50 am
Location: Scotland

Post by observation »

My funeral's gonna be great... Free Money by Patti Smith, Jesus Built My Hotrod by Ministry, Dancing Queen by ABBA, Born Slippy by Underworld, Danny's Song by PFM, Another Girl Another Planet by The Only Ones... and that's before the party begins... I also want a motorbike display team and plenty of FMX stunts. Although hopefully by the time I die we'll all be experimenting with eternal life and stuff. :)

Oh and good call, Mr/Mrs Guest - SPK were amazing.
User avatar
Numerator
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:02 am
Location: england

Post by Numerator »

turquoise70 wrote: as for my funeral - Vnsares - Die Die Die Winnipeg Die Fuckers Die


my god, I can picture it now :shock: :lol:
Image
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.
User avatar
Twoist
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 12:04 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Post by Twoist »

Don't want to be chucked in a box and left to rot. Give me a nice fire at the end of my days. I'd like to burn to Bocuma.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/
User avatar
s7409651
Sherbet Head
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Contact:

Post by s7409651 »

Twoist wrote:Don't want to be chucked in a box and left to rot. Give me a nice fire at the end of my days. I'd like to burn to Bocuma.


Sounds pretty good to me :lol:
User avatar
jakestott
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1378
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester

Post by jakestott »

Melissa Juice on repeat
User avatar
bleak.
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 pm
Location: Aberaeron
Contact:

Post by bleak. »

stars of the lid - even if you're never awake
User avatar
mucephei
Posts Quantity
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Down at the County Co-operative Extension Service

Post by mucephei »

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I've been thinking about this a lot, probably because I'm now in my 40s and nearing the point (if I'm not already past it) of my half-life. It wouldn't be a total BOC-fest at my funeral but I'm giving serious thought to the following:

Zoetrope

and then, when the pallbearers are taking my body away for the final interment:

Poppy Seed (Reprise)

Before either of those the mourners will have to endure my taste in music one last time so they'll have to sit through a piece of jazz of my choosing, likely to be "Teru" by Wayne Shorter (from his album "Adam's Apple" on Blue Note) which even though I don't think it will scare any horses, could be "interesting" to some.
User avatar
fujee
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4012
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: UK

Post by fujee »

Non BoC - Acknowledgement by John Coltrane
--

BoC song - maybe a weird choice but Kid for Today? that or Echus - so beautifully peaceful.

I've said it many times before, i don't want people to be drab and down, i want it to be a celebration of life and everyone who has made me love it so.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…
User avatar
The Friendly Stranger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by The Friendly Stranger »

I don't care, I'll be dead. I'll happily have whatever music my family chooses as at the end of the day the point of a funeral is about closure for your loved ones. Anything that they find comforting is good in my book. If I did have to choose though, probably Pyramid Song by Radiohead.
User avatar
Quillian
Posts Quantity
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by Quillian »

No Boards of Canada for me, although "Poppy Seed (reprise)" would be quite good...

My choices would probably be "Nanou2" or "Stone in Focus" by Aphex Twin.
A writer and musician with too much free time on her hands.

My Last.FM profile
Analogue and Digital: A (now-retired) webcomic about electronic music
User avatar
Spenner
Sherbet Head
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by Spenner »

I'd have a death playlist or something... some wacky nice songs, some more ambient tunes like Rhubarb and Lichen by Aphex, then it would all end with Tears from the Compound Eye and then into Farewell Fire, and that will be all...
User avatar
pointlessdude
Eagle Minded
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:55 pm
Location: Madrid

Post by pointlessdude »

Tears from the compound eye, without a doubt. Hún Jord from Sigur Rós is a possible choice too.
Post a reply