BOC teaming up with Quentin Tarantino
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
BOC teaming up with Quentin Tarantino
No, I'm just kidding.
But don't you think both of their 70's style approach could work well together?
But don't you think both of their 70's style approach could work well together?
Re: BOC teaming up with Quentin Tarantino
nny wrote:No, I'm just kidding.
But don't you think both of their 70's style approach could work well together?
BOC and sensless violence, hmm...don't see a connection. sorry.
- isawdrones
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
- Location: Brooklyn NY
- A_Northern_Soul
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2768
- Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
- Location: Edinburgh
- thedisavowed
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
- IanRedpoint
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1414
- Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
- Location: London, England
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.
How about BOC over a Wes Anderson film?
Or something by Sophia Coppola.
Reservoir Dogs is still a stunning film. Forget the violence aspect - it's all in the acting, dialogue and pacing. It's lean and edgy, like a lost '70s classic. I can take or leave the rest of his work, but Reservoir Dogs still grips me every time.
- monochrome
- Boqurant
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:01 pm
monochrome wrote:Cupz wrote:I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"
BoC+Darren Aronofsky. THAT could be interesting. OR BoC+Clint Mansell.
as for Tarantino, I like is stuff and Pulp fiction is great but I can't see him teaming up with BoC.
I agree BoC and Darren Aronofsky, the only Tarantino i like is Jackie Brown.
monochrome wrote:Cupz wrote:I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"
BoC+Darren Aronofsky. THAT could be interesting. OR BoC+Clint Mansell.
as for Tarantino, I like is stuff and Pulp fiction is great but I can't see him teaming up with BoC.
I'm with you on that "BoC and Aronofsky", the only Tarantino i like is Jackie Brown.
- thedisavowed
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
- mechanismj
- Nova Scotia Robot
- Posts: 5157
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
- Contact:
- monochrome
- Boqurant
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:01 pm
- Goiter Sanchez
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1522
- Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:39 am
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Contact:
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.
Just so you know... 'Hero' wasn't produced or directed by Tarantino; he only initiated the process of importing it to North American theatres in 2004 (2 years after it was originally released in Asia).
He did it not only to ride the success of his own asian-cinema inspired 'Kill Bill' franchise, but more importantly because he is a huge fan of the film.
- thedisavowed
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Goiter Sanchez wrote:thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.
Just so you know... 'Hero' wasn't produced or directed by Tarantino; he only initiated the process of importing it to North American theatres in 2004 (2 years after it was originally released in Asia).
He did it not only to ride the success of his own asian-cinema inspired 'Kill Bill' franchise, but more importantly because he is a huge fan of the film.
I didn't know that. Well, I guess that there's no Tarantino movie that I really love, after all.
Of course to be fair I've watched very few of his movies, I just don't love shockingly violent movies, so that kind of leaves me in a bad place when it comes to getting into his films.
thedisavowed wrote:Goiter Sanchez wrote:thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.
Just so you know... 'Hero' wasn't produced or directed by Tarantino; he only initiated the process of importing it to North American theatres in 2004 (2 years after it was originally released in Asia).
He did it not only to ride the success of his own asian-cinema inspired 'Kill Bill' franchise, but more importantly because he is a huge fan of the film.
I didn't know that. Well, I guess that there's no Tarantino movie that I really love, after all.
Of course to be fair I've watched very few of his movies, I just don't love shockingly violent movies, so that kind of leaves me in a bad place when it comes to getting into his films.
Well take a look at the only Tarantino i like, it's not shocking at all." Jackie Brown". [lovely movie]

