BOC teaming up with Quentin Tarantino

Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun

BOC + Tarantino

Yeah, that would kick serious ass!
10
27%
No way, BOC deserves much better...
24
65%
Who's Tarantino?
3
8%
 
Total votes: 37

User avatar
nny
Eagle Minded
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:56 am

BOC teaming up with Quentin Tarantino

Post by nny »

No, I'm just kidding.

But don't you think both of their 70's style approach could work well together?
human electronics from the atlantic
http://nny.pixelnerve.com

Image
User avatar
steve-o
Sherbet Head
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:23 pm
Location: on the farm
Contact:

Re: BOC teaming up with Quentin Tarantino

Post by steve-o »

nny wrote:No, I'm just kidding.

But don't you think both of their 70's style approach could work well together?


BOC and sensless violence, hmm...don't see a connection. sorry.
User avatar
isawdrones
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY

Post by isawdrones »

tarantino- awesome
BoC- awesome
boc + tartintino = piece of shit

Imagine someone getting their head blown off to poppy seed reprise.
That doesnt sound to cool. :roll:
User avatar
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh

Post by A_Northern_Soul »

Can't see it myself.
User avatar
polar sky
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Post by polar sky »

Can't see it either. Now I could see it with Chris Cunninghams movies. Or even Michel Gondry!
User avatar
cmx
Sherbet Head
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:49 am
Contact:

Post by cmx »

don't think it would work
User avatar
thedisavowed
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by thedisavowed »

I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.

How about BOC over a Wes Anderson film? :lol:
User avatar
Cupz
High Scorer
Posts: 10670
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Cupz »

I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"
Throw away your smartphone.
User avatar
IanRedpoint
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: London, England

Post by IanRedpoint »

thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.

How about BOC over a Wes Anderson film? :lol:

Or something by Sophia Coppola. :)

Reservoir Dogs is still a stunning film. Forget the violence aspect - it's all in the acting, dialogue and pacing. It's lean and edgy, like a lost '70s classic. I can take or leave the rest of his work, but Reservoir Dogs still grips me every time.
User avatar
steve-o
Sherbet Head
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:23 pm
Location: on the farm
Contact:

Post by steve-o »

thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.

How about BOC over a Wes Anderson film? :lol:




NOW THAT would be Beautiful!!
User avatar
monochrome
Boqurant
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:01 pm

Post by monochrome »

Cupz wrote:I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"


BoC+Darren Aronofsky. THAT could be interesting. OR BoC+Clint Mansell.

as for Tarantino, I like is stuff and Pulp fiction is great but I can't see him teaming up with BoC.
User avatar
ExitEuXa
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2242
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:46 pm

Post by ExitEuXa »

monochrome wrote:
Cupz wrote:I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"


BoC+Darren Aronofsky. THAT could be interesting. OR BoC+Clint Mansell.

as for Tarantino, I like is stuff and Pulp fiction is great but I can't see him teaming up with BoC.


I agree BoC and Darren Aronofsky, the only Tarantino i like is Jackie Brown. 8)
User avatar
ExitEuXa
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2242
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:46 pm

Post by ExitEuXa »

monochrome wrote:
Cupz wrote:I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"


BoC+Darren Aronofsky. THAT could be interesting. OR BoC+Clint Mansell.

as for Tarantino, I like is stuff and Pulp fiction is great but I can't see him teaming up with BoC.


I'm with you on that "BoC and Aronofsky", the only Tarantino i like is Jackie Brown. 8)
User avatar
thedisavowed
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by thedisavowed »

steve-o wrote:
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.

How about BOC over a Wes Anderson film? :lol:




NOW THAT would be Beautiful!!


AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.
User avatar
mechanismj
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5157
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
Contact:

Post by mechanismj »

polar sky wrote:Can't see it either. Now I could see it with Chris Cunninghams movies. Or even Michel Gondry!


Totally! I've always thought BOC should do the soundtrack Gondry flick! That would be SUPERB! If only some of their stuff was in Eternal Sunshine... that would have made the movie FLAWLESS!
User avatar
monochrome
Boqurant
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:01 pm

Post by monochrome »

ExitEuXa wrote:the only Tarantino i like is Jackie Brown. 8)


Thats the only Tarantino movie I haven't seen yet... better rent it soon.
User avatar
Goiter Sanchez
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1522
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:39 am
Location: San Francisco, California
Contact:

Post by Goiter Sanchez »

thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.


Just so you know... 'Hero' wasn't produced or directed by Tarantino; he only initiated the process of importing it to North American theatres in 2004 (2 years after it was originally released in Asia).
He did it not only to ride the success of his own asian-cinema inspired 'Kill Bill' franchise, but more importantly because he is a huge fan of the film.
User avatar
thedisavowed
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by thedisavowed »

Goiter Sanchez wrote:
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.


Just so you know... 'Hero' wasn't produced or directed by Tarantino; he only initiated the process of importing it to North American theatres in 2004 (2 years after it was originally released in Asia).
He did it not only to ride the success of his own asian-cinema inspired 'Kill Bill' franchise, but more importantly because he is a huge fan of the film.


I didn't know that. Well, I guess that there's no Tarantino movie that I really love, after all.

Of course to be fair I've watched very few of his movies, I just don't love shockingly violent movies, so that kind of leaves me in a bad place when it comes to getting into his films.
User avatar
ExitEuXa
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2242
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:46 pm

Post by ExitEuXa »

thedisavowed wrote:
Goiter Sanchez wrote:
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.


Just so you know... 'Hero' wasn't produced or directed by Tarantino; he only initiated the process of importing it to North American theatres in 2004 (2 years after it was originally released in Asia).
He did it not only to ride the success of his own asian-cinema inspired 'Kill Bill' franchise, but more importantly because he is a huge fan of the film.


I didn't know that. Well, I guess that there's no Tarantino movie that I really love, after all.

Of course to be fair I've watched very few of his movies, I just don't love shockingly violent movies, so that kind of leaves me in a bad place when it comes to getting into his films.


Well take a look at the only Tarantino i like, it's not shocking at all." Jackie Brown". [lovely movie] 8)
pippin
Friendly Stranger
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:54 pm

Post by pippin »

Boc and Terrence Malick
Post a reply