The North Face

Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun

User avatar
sevenELIXIR
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:29 pm

Post by sevenELIXIR »

holy crap batman- steve-o's back
User avatar
polar sky
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Post by polar sky »

mechanismj wrote:I thought someone brought this up a million years ago...


it was 1 million years, 14 days, 2 hours and 6 seconds ago to be exact!
User avatar
mechanismj
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5157
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
Contact:

Post by mechanismj »

Anyone ever seen the show Man Vs. Wild on the discovery channel? Yeah, that guy wears North Face as well! Pretty cool eh?!?!?!?
User avatar
thedisavowed
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by thedisavowed »

sevenELIXIR wrote:holy crap batman- steve-o's back


This is a very good thing, too. :D
User avatar
zander two
Sherbet Head
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:42 am

Post by zander two »

mechanismj wrote:Anyone ever seen the show Man Vs. Wild on the discovery channel? Yeah, that guy wears North Face as well! Pretty cool eh?!?!?!?

Whoa, I just got hooked on this show!!! Watched about four hours straight today. :oops:
User avatar
Infinite E
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:02 pm
Contact:

!

Post by Infinite E »

Know what i just got hooked watching? BBC's Planet Earth on the History Channel! All day, motherfuckers!!!!!!!


sorry, that was quite off-topic. I't's an absolutely amazing show though.
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"
User avatar
mechanismj
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5157
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
Contact:

Post by mechanismj »

zander two wrote:
mechanismj wrote:Anyone ever seen the show Man Vs. Wild on the discovery channel? Yeah, that guy wears North Face as well! Pretty cool eh?!?!?!?

Whoa, I just got hooked on this show!!! Watched about four hours straight today. :oops:


So did I. The Pacific Island one was really awesome. I wish I was stranded one sometimes.
User avatar
Spaced
Posts Quantity
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: out to lunch

Post by Spaced »

Image
thegr8brian
Boqurant
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Alamo, CA

Post by thegr8brian »

Spaced wrote:Image


Whats this?
User avatar
Spaced
Posts Quantity
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: out to lunch

Post by Spaced »

another electronic group with a penchant for north faceish logos...some of their stuff can be found on Skams baby label 33.
User avatar
polar sky
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Post by polar sky »

looks fake.
User avatar
Spaced
Posts Quantity
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: out to lunch

Post by Spaced »

okay.
User avatar
zander two
Sherbet Head
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:42 am

Post by zander two »

:lol:
User avatar
polar sky
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Post by polar sky »

well it does. image looks like complete shit.
User avatar
zander two
Sherbet Head
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:42 am

Post by zander two »

User avatar
Snufkin
Sherbet Head
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Snufkin »

*bump*

Does anyone know any good alternative rain/coat gear to NF, but similar? NF stuff I've had in the past has been awesome, but it's just gotten so f*kin' expensive. I need a new coat this winter, and I usually buy things that last a f*cklong time (this purchase it to replace a previous NF rain-coat, which I've had for more than 10-years, and even tho it still "works", I feel that I can justify a once-in-ten-years buy... (but would still like to avoid some of these ridiculously high NF prices)).

Thx.
User avatar
sevenELIXIR
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:29 pm

Post by sevenELIXIR »

burton. fuck the north face.
User avatar
Negamuse
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Negamuse »

User avatar
zeitgeist
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: where teh wild things are

Post by zeitgeist »

Sierra designs, outdoor research, marmot

Best 3 for rain jackets, but it totally depends what you want to use it for. If you're just walking into work from the car, just go cheap, but if you're hiking or need it withstand firehoses, my suggestions are going to be totally different. PM me if you'd like more info. I've worked in the outdoor sports industry for 10 years. Fyi, you're almost always getting ripped off by north face, although they've gotten their shit together a little bit more over the last several years.
User avatar
thingsthingsthings
Posts Quantity
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:17 am
Location: los angeles

Post by thingsthingsthings »

I've had my Helly Hansen rain coat for a little over 15 years and don't see a need to replace it anytime soon.
Post a reply