The North Face
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
- sevenELIXIR
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1090
- Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:29 pm
- mechanismj
- Nova Scotia Robot
- Posts: 5157
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
- Contact:
- thedisavowed
- Happy Cycler
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
- zander two
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 781
- Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:42 am
- Infinite E
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1553
- Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:02 pm
- Contact:
!
Know what i just got hooked watching? BBC's Planet Earth on the History Channel! All day, motherfuckers!!!!!!!
sorry, that was quite off-topic. I't's an absolutely amazing show though.
sorry, that was quite off-topic. I't's an absolutely amazing show though.
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"
- mechanismj
- Nova Scotia Robot
- Posts: 5157
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
- Contact:
zander two wrote:mechanismj wrote:Anyone ever seen the show Man Vs. Wild on the discovery channel? Yeah, that guy wears North Face as well! Pretty cool eh?!?!?!?
Whoa, I just got hooked on this show!!! Watched about four hours straight today.
So did I. The Pacific Island one was really awesome. I wish I was stranded one sometimes.
-
thegr8brian
- Boqurant
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 pm
- Location: Alamo, CA
- zander two
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 781
- Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:42 am
*bump*
Does anyone know any good alternative rain/coat gear to NF, but similar? NF stuff I've had in the past has been awesome, but it's just gotten so f*kin' expensive. I need a new coat this winter, and I usually buy things that last a f*cklong time (this purchase it to replace a previous NF rain-coat, which I've had for more than 10-years, and even tho it still "works", I feel that I can justify a once-in-ten-years buy... (but would still like to avoid some of these ridiculously high NF prices)).
Thx.
Does anyone know any good alternative rain/coat gear to NF, but similar? NF stuff I've had in the past has been awesome, but it's just gotten so f*kin' expensive. I need a new coat this winter, and I usually buy things that last a f*cklong time (this purchase it to replace a previous NF rain-coat, which I've had for more than 10-years, and even tho it still "works", I feel that I can justify a once-in-ten-years buy... (but would still like to avoid some of these ridiculously high NF prices)).
Thx.
- sevenELIXIR
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1090
- Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:29 pm
The South Butt
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/231108689008
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/231108689008
- zeitgeist
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1416
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 pm
- Location: where teh wild things are
Sierra designs, outdoor research, marmot
Best 3 for rain jackets, but it totally depends what you want to use it for. If you're just walking into work from the car, just go cheap, but if you're hiking or need it withstand firehoses, my suggestions are going to be totally different. PM me if you'd like more info. I've worked in the outdoor sports industry for 10 years. Fyi, you're almost always getting ripped off by north face, although they've gotten their shit together a little bit more over the last several years.
Best 3 for rain jackets, but it totally depends what you want to use it for. If you're just walking into work from the car, just go cheap, but if you're hiking or need it withstand firehoses, my suggestions are going to be totally different. PM me if you'd like more info. I've worked in the outdoor sports industry for 10 years. Fyi, you're almost always getting ripped off by north face, although they've gotten their shit together a little bit more over the last several years.
- thingsthingsthings
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:17 am
- Location: los angeles

