I just thought that I would post my latest sound experiment here. I'm trying to recreate the basement cassette/demo tape sound produced by artists like Dj Screw. Some of you may have listened to my Gucci mane and Wu Tang BOC albums. I just passed the bar in the summer and I work at a 100+ year old law firm. Making these mixes has been a real outlet for me. I appreciate every one who takes the time to give it a listen.
https://soundcloud.com/caddybay/the-dip ... canada-mix
The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix
Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun
-
ShaneAnthony
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 362
- Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 am
Re: The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix
Do you run your sounds through a cassette deck or reel?
-
ShaneAnthony
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 362
- Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 am
Re: The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix
Also, are you compressing or maximizing the mixes when you add the vocal tracks?
-
ShaneAnthony
- Eagle Minded
- Posts: 362
- Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 am
Re: The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix
The reason I ask is because the last track is really distorted, not sure if you are driving the tape too hard or adding compression, etc...