The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix

Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun

Post a reply
User avatar
caddybay
New Seed
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:33 am
Contact:

The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix

Post by caddybay »

I just thought that I would post my latest sound experiment here. I'm trying to recreate the basement cassette/demo tape sound produced by artists like Dj Screw. Some of you may have listened to my Gucci mane and Wu Tang BOC albums. I just passed the bar in the summer and I work at a 100+ year old law firm. Making these mixes has been a real outlet for me. I appreciate every one who takes the time to give it a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/caddybay/the-dip ... canada-mix
ShaneAnthony
Eagle Minded
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 am

Re: The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix

Post by ShaneAnthony »

Do you run your sounds through a cassette deck or reel?
ShaneAnthony
Eagle Minded
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 am

Re: The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix

Post by ShaneAnthony »

Also, are you compressing or maximizing the mixes when you add the vocal tracks?
ShaneAnthony
Eagle Minded
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 am

Re: The Diplomats v. Boards of Canada mix

Post by ShaneAnthony »

The reason I ask is because the last track is really distorted, not sure if you are driving the tape too hard or adding compression, etc...
Post a reply