The North Face

Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun

thegr8brian
Boqurant
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Alamo, CA

The North Face

Post by thegr8brian »

Hey everyone...This is my first post in this wonderful community...I've been listening to BOC for about 3 years, I have all the albums that are currently available, and have read basically everything on fredd-e's site including all the interviews... But im wondering if there is some kind of connection between BOC and The North Face...Do they just have a fondness for the clothing?

Image

reminds me of some of the BOC logos...maybe im just looking for lame connections i dunno
User avatar
polar sky
Happy Cycler
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Post by polar sky »

I think either them or someone else just stole the rainbow looking logo and put boc in front of it. That's about it. I always thought that BoC logo was fan made, who stole the design from The North Face.
User avatar
isawdrones
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY

Post by isawdrones »

polar sky wrote:I think either them or someone else just stole the rainbow looking logo and put boc in front of it. That's about it. I always thought that BoC logo was fan made, who stole the design from The North Face.

Hmm, I havent seen this logo. :?
User avatar
harpoon dodger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2342
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by harpoon dodger »

Isn't it on a t-shirt or sticker or something

:?
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.
User avatar
Derail
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Post by Derail »

Is this a joke? :lol:
Image
User avatar
isawdrones
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY

Post by isawdrones »

harpoon dodger wrote:Isn't it on a t-shirt or sticker or something

:?


Yeah some logo thing...its on fredd e's pages.
User avatar
Aesthetics
Site Admin
Posts: 5449
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Lowlands
Contact:

Post by Aesthetics »

Welcome to Twoism thegr8brian.

It seems like your first post triggers some diversity on the board :)

This is indeed a logo which was used on official BoC stickers which were sent along with the Twoism release if I'm right. I can't tell you what the connection with BoC is to be honest, but I guess they really like the brand.
Life is a Frequency
User avatar
Spectrum_16
Posts Quantity
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:06 am
Location: TX

Post by Spectrum_16 »

Image


Yeah, I think it fits the Boards of Canada atmosphere as well. North Face seems like a BoC kind of thing... haha if that makes any sense.

I have myself a blue North Face beanie and I like to think that I am sporting BoC when I am wearing it :lol:
Image
User avatar
isawdrones
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY

Post by isawdrones »

Spectrum_16 wrote:Image


Yeah, I think it fits the Boards of Canada atmosphere as well. North Face seems like a BoC kind of thing... haha if that makes any sense.

I definately know what your saying.Wait,..hold up, is that the one that you guys are talking about? I thought you were talking about this one
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/lacr3ony3mys7/boards-of-canada--logo-01.jpg
but thats just fan art. Hmm ive never seen a northface logo liek the one on the red sticker.
User avatar
Spectrum_16
Posts Quantity
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:06 am
Location: TX

Post by Spectrum_16 »

isawdrones wrote:
Spectrum_16 wrote:Image


Yeah, I think it fits the Boards of Canada atmosphere as well. North Face seems like a BoC kind of thing... haha if that makes any sense.

I definately know what your saying.Wait,..hold up, is that the one that you guys are talking about? I thought you were talking about this one
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/lacr3ony3mys7/boards-of-canada--logo-01.jpg
but thats just fan art. Hmm ive never seen a northface logo liek the one on the red sticker.


Yeah, I think that one is just fan art, and the one i posted was the official sticker they handed out with Twoism(?). But there is no doubt a resemblance with the official sticker and the North Face.
Image
User avatar
mechanismj
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5157
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
Contact:

Post by mechanismj »

I thought someone brought this up a million years ago...
thegr8brian
Boqurant
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Alamo, CA

Post by thegr8brian »

mechanismj wrote:I thought someone brought this up a million years ago...


I searched a bit and didn't seem to find anything
User avatar
Goiter Sanchez
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1522
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:39 am
Location: San Francisco, California
Contact:

Post by Goiter Sanchez »

It seems that there is a general attraction in the UK IDM scene to North Face gear... Autechre, Bibio, BoC... I've seen press photos of these guys wearing the clothing; others too I'm sure.
I make music as Sweguno.
Instagram ︱YouTube ︱Soundcloud
User avatar
YELLOW
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:03 am
Location: Maine

Post by YELLOW »

yo i made this connection awhile back in another topic....in the pics of the two on fredd e's site mark has a north face jacket in one...so ya know
User avatar
Chime Traveler
Friendly Stranger
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:26 am
Location: Born In Canada

Post by Chime Traveler »

I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).

Check out the logo here: http://www.loblaws.ca/

Compare the similarities in the Loblaws logo with the North Face one. Don't quote me but I think that the Loblaws logo has been around longer.

...Every time I see a North Face product I'm reminded of the Loblaws grocery store chain.
thegr8brian
Boqurant
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Alamo, CA

Post by thegr8brian »

Chime Traveler wrote:I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).

Check out the logo here: http://www.loblaws.ca/

Compare the similarities in the Loblaws logo with the North Face one. Don't quote me but I think that the Loblaws logo has been around longer.

...Every time I see a North Face product I'm reminded of the Loblaws grocery store chain.


interesting...definetly quite similar
User avatar
thedisavowed
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by thedisavowed »

Maybe it's always been this way and I've just started noticing, but all of sudden it seems like EVERYONE on campus is wearing North Face these days. Maybe.. Boc... nah...
User avatar
Spectrum_16
Posts Quantity
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:06 am
Location: TX

Post by Spectrum_16 »

Chime Traveler wrote:I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).

Check out the logo here: http://www.loblaws.ca/

Compare the similarities in the Loblaws logo with the North Face one. Don't quote me but I think that the Loblaws logo has been around longer.

...Every time I see a North Face product I'm reminded of the Loblaws grocery store chain.


Woah! Great find! There is definately a resemblance... but I guess we shall never know unless there is some release of an interview someday...
Image
User avatar
harpoon dodger
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2342
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by harpoon dodger »

Chime Traveler wrote:I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).

Check out the logo here: http://www.loblaws.ca/

Compare the similarities in the Loblaws logo with the North Face one. Don't quote me but I think that the Loblaws logo has been around longer.

...Every time I see a North Face product I'm reminded of the Loblaws grocery store chain.


Ahahahah...I never put that together! I used to work for those bastards...it was boc all along. Or something 8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.
User avatar
steve-o
Sherbet Head
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:23 pm
Location: on the farm
Contact:

Post by steve-o »

The North Face is owned by Vanity Fair. No shit.
Post a reply