Hey everyone...This is my first post in this wonderful community...I've been listening to BOC for about 3 years, I have all the albums that are currently available, and have read basically everything on fredd-e's site including all the interviews... But im wondering if there is some kind of connection between BOC and The North Face...Do they just have a fondness for the clothing?
reminds me of some of the BOC logos...maybe im just looking for lame connections i dunno
I think either them or someone else just stole the rainbow looking logo and put boc in front of it. That's about it. I always thought that BoC logo was fan made, who stole the design from The North Face.
polar sky wrote:I think either them or someone else just stole the rainbow looking logo and put boc in front of it. That's about it. I always thought that BoC logo was fan made, who stole the design from The North Face.
It seems like your first post triggers some diversity on the board
This is indeed a logo which was used on official BoC stickers which were sent along with the Twoism release if I'm right. I can't tell you what the connection with BoC is to be honest, but I guess they really like the brand.
Yeah, I think that one is just fan art, and the one i posted was the official sticker they handed out with Twoism(?). But there is no doubt a resemblance with the official sticker and the North Face.
It seems that there is a general attraction in the UK IDM scene to North Face gear... Autechre, Bibio, BoC... I've seen press photos of these guys wearing the clothing; others too I'm sure.
I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).
Chime Traveler wrote:I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).
Maybe it's always been this way and I've just started noticing, but all of sudden it seems like EVERYONE on campus is wearing North Face these days. Maybe.. Boc... nah...
Chime Traveler wrote:I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).
Chime Traveler wrote:I'm not too sure if this existed in Western Canada when the brothers lived in Calgary, Alberta but this is the logo of a major grocery store chain that has been in existence in Eastern Canada for as long as I can remember, (and I'm around the same age as the lads).