Moderator: Aesthetics
isawdrones
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1454 Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by isawdrones » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:09 am
that new piano sound he is using sounds beautifull.
pippin
Friendly Stranger
Posts: 28 Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:54 pm
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by pippin » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:49 pm
Would it be okay to ask if someone could record these to mp3?
boardsofdublin
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1872 Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 6:58 pm
Location: Dublin
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by boardsofdublin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:56 pm
have only got into his sounds over the past few weeks. want to get both albums on vinyl, but kinda hard to get when visa is maxed out lol.
love "On my own", very MBV to me.
jonnyjj74
Sherbet Head
Posts: 979 Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by jonnyjj74 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:33 pm
Leaked
sinkfield
Boqurant
Posts: 88 Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:18 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by sinkfield » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:00 pm
grreat
Derail
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1939 Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Derail » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:05 pm
jonnyjj74 wrote: Leaked
UH OHHH...
nlogax
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1111 Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:26 pm
Location: SoCal
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by nlogax » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:43 am
Derail wrote: jonnyjj74 wrote: Leaked
UH OHHH...
*shits pants prematurely*
Derail
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1939 Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Derail » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:25 am
nlogax wrote: Derail wrote: jonnyjj74 wrote: Leaked
UH OHHH...
*shits pants prematurely*
As much as I want to hear it now, I think I'm gonna wait till I buy the album to listen in lossless format. If anyone has the Quicksand Memory Ep I'd love to hear that to tide me over until then.
wwbjd
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1617 Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 9:01 pm
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by wwbjd » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am
Derail wrote: As much as I want to hear it now, I think I'm gonna wait till I buy the album to listen in lossless format. If anyone has the Quicksand Memory Ep I'd love to hear that to tide me over until then.
It's funny reading that while seeing Year Zero in your last.fm sig
Derail
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1939 Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Derail » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:18 am
wwbjd wrote: Derail wrote: As much as I want to hear it now, I think I'm gonna wait till I buy the album to listen in lossless format. If anyone has the Quicksand Memory Ep I'd love to hear that to tide me over until then.
It's funny reading that while seeing Year Zero in your last.fm sig
NIN and Mr. Schnauss are 2 totally different ball games though.
I think Trent will still survive if I download his album.
wwbjd
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1617 Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 9:01 pm
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by wwbjd » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:35 am
Derail wrote: I think Trent will still survive if I download his album.
Nothing can stop him now!
Cheese.
Last edited by
wwbjd on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanRedpoint
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1414 Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: London, England
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by IanRedpoint » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:22 am
Well, I caved in and nabbed it off Soulseek. It's not as if I won't buy it anyway (strokes lovely vinyl copies of previous two albums).
On a first listen it's a lot softer than before. More shoegaze. The drums are buried beneath a wall of sound. It's reminiscent of Cocteau Twins and early/mid Slowdive more than MBV. The EP lead track 'Medusa' is ace in an 'On My Own' / 'Clear Day' style. 'Goodbye' is lush and pacey too. Not sure that overall it has grabbed me the same way 'A Strangely Isolated Place' did on a first listen, but that could just be over-familiarity with his sound.
Off for another listen in a bit.
thedisavowed
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2971 Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by thedisavowed » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:58 pm
wwbjd wrote: Derail wrote: I think Trent will still survive if I download his album.
Nothing can stop him now!
Cheese.
Except for your emptiness. I will fuck you like an animal. Don't think I won't. 'Cause I will. And I won't even look back.
Last edited by
thedisavowed on Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedisavowed
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2971 Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by thedisavowed » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:58 pm
Derail wrote: mechanismj wrote: 30 seconds into Einfeld and I already want to cream myself. FUCKING BREATHTAKING!
Dude, just wait till you hear "Shine"! <3
Wonder if the title has anything to do with Slowdive?
Shine is beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Slowdive reference, he's covered one of their tracks in the past.
thedisavowed
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2971 Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by thedisavowed » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:42 pm
Correction: Shine is officially one of my favorite tracks of '07. Simply perfect.
mechanismj
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5157 Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by mechanismj » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:34 pm
thedisavowed wrote: Correction: Shine is officially one of my favorite tracks of '07. Simply perfect.
Yup yup! It sure does kick ass!
Derail
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1939 Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Derail » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:34 pm
Yes, I caved...and holy shit is this a good album!!!
So much for patience.
isawdrones
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1454 Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by isawdrones » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:44 pm
Listening right now ,really like stars,..
wwbjd
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1617 Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 9:01 pm
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by wwbjd » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:11 pm
I'd like to get Shine/Silver or whatever it's called. Where would one find that?
mechanismj
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5157 Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by mechanismj » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:15 pm
It's a really really good album. I was a little shocked by Medusa at first. I didn't realize Mr. Schnauss had so much edge! It's killer though.
The whole album is an undeniable wall of brilliant sound!
1000th post! Woo!